Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

CLEANSE ?!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 19, 2008 02:54AM

Does anyone know of a healthy cleanse that I could go on for a minumum of ten days ? I want to convert to raw foodism eventually, but until then I think that a cleanse would help my body to feel renewed and clean. I think that after cleanding my body, I will be ready to make the full transition to raw foodism. Does ANYONE know of any safe cleanses or detox's ? I have heard of the master cleanse and juice cleanses, but I don't really know anything about them.
THANKS SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CLEANSE ?!
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 19, 2008 01:50PM

Opinion:

-Don't do ANYTHING....unless you are prepared to do it for life. If it's a good thing....then that's what you might want to do. smiling smiley A VERY SMALL, gradual increase of fresh fruits and vegetables will certainly clean you out. A more 'shocking' cleanse can do more harm than good...if you see what I mean.

-If you insist, then mono fasts of things like grapes, melons, or other soft fruits is good....along with mono-juice fasts. But these should be light...and regular...and of short duration....while allowing the healthier food, and more joyful lifestyles to be your medicine. Just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: khale ()
Date: January 19, 2008 02:21PM

This seems good advice to me David.

I need to start hangin around you more. You really tend to help me "lighten up". When I first started frequenting this site I found you sort of bland; giving the same advice day in day out - very moderate, without striving, with self-acceptance and patience - and I was looking for a revolution. In the last 6 months or so, its been gradually dawning on me that revolution is evolution...and you are indeed one of the smart monkeys.

khale

Posted by: pradiata ()
Date: January 20, 2008 12:25AM

Last summer I followed a 3-week detox program with my naturopath using Standard Process supplements (it's a complete package, with instructions, costs about $150-200 - you can look it up online). I hadn't done any research about cleansing, just knew I needed it, and I felt safe about doing this with my naturopath's help. It was pretty much just eating fresh veg and fruit, with some light cooking, and the supplements, which are pretty mild. So I followed the guidelines, and after just a few days lost all interest in cooking any of the veggies and just ate everything raw. After the 3 weeks you're supposed to (if you want) start slowly adding other things back into your diet. But besides avocados, olives, nuts, coconuts - things like that - I've had absolutely no interest whatsoever in adding anything else back into my diet (and this coming from a lifelong cheese connoiseur/addict, and lover of pasta, pizza and milk chocolate!).

This completely took me by surprise, but was clearly the right thing at the right time. It's been about 5 months now that I've had a 100% raw-vegan diet, and I have no cravings or longings for any other foods, no matter what anyone else is eating around me. I also eat whatever I want whenever I want, have somehow broken an old cycle of food attachments, and have lost about 35 pounds, and am still losing weight - about a pound every two weeks or so. I can't compare this to any other cleanses, but this worked very well for me. I'm interested in doing another cleanse on my own, now that I have more confidence.

Best luck with whatever you follow!

Emily

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 20, 2008 01:04AM

Ha! Yes. Thank you Khale. I often think people will sort of point a bony finger at me and accuse me of not doing enough. Like: "Enlightened people need to constantly WORK at it!" LOL. People would rather believe that it's necessary to do 1000 push ups in a day to be enlightened....rather than do 1 push up for 1000 days. Or better still....do 1/1000th of a push up.....10,000 times in one day! Now THAT would be amazing! Intentionality exercised 10,000 times in one day! That is what really gives us our strength and living energy you know.....intentionality brought to fruition. And it is the smallest things that make that possible/do-able. The smallest particles liberate the largest energy.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: January 20, 2008 02:05AM

Haha thank you for the advice - I forgot to mention that I am already vegan. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables to begin with, but I eat whole wheat vegan pizza and soup and stuff like that too. This cleanse is meant to help me clean all of the processed stuff that is still in my body, despite being vegan. I would like to feel the raw energy the raw foodist's claim to thrive on. I was thinking a juice fast would work - all fruits and veggies ... making them into juice using my jack la laine (sp?) power juicer.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: January 21, 2008 01:20PM

DZM wrote:

"I often think people will sort of point a bony finger at me and accuse me of not doing enough. Like: "Enlightened people need to constantly WORK at it!" LOL."

Reminds me of something Pema Chodron said in her book, "Start Where You Are"...and I paraphrase: Enlightenment is really nothing more than the ability to relax.

Apparently, enlightened people realize that the vast majority of what troubles us is, in reality, no big deal.

khale

Date: January 21, 2008 02:09PM

I had something to say...but i yam toasting my breakfast...

80% raw ( maple syrup stead of honey ) vegan

- Kenneth D Resseger

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: January 21, 2008 02:13PM

why not try david's advice and do a couple days mono eating.
then you can do a couple days of just juicing.
You'll do great.

Date: January 21, 2008 02:27PM

trying to slow down...not speed up broheim

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: January 21, 2008 08:14PM

hi Kenneth,
were you ever 100%?

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables