Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ADHD and other disorders the like
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 19, 2008 04:15PM

Does a raw food diet help the overcome disorders like ADHD, bipolar disorder, and other psychiatric conditions? Any one out there heard or experienced this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ADHD and other disorders the like
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: January 19, 2008 07:30PM

I have adult ADD and used to make a lot of serious errors in my job and it took a terrible toll on my self esteem over the years. Since going raw about a year and a half ago things have improved immeasurably.

A raw food diet DEFINITELY improves mental clarity especially if you meditate as well. Over the holidays I ate a lot of cooked and heavy stuff and the mental fog that had felt 'normal'to me for most of my life started to return.

It takes a lot of self discipline, especially in the beginning, but for me the choice is pretty clear. Live life sick, sore, depressed and hating myself or live a life filled with energy, mental clarity and joy.

Re: ADHD and other disorders the like
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: January 20, 2008 05:43AM

Since the middle school years, I suffered bouts of terrible depression.

One of my main motivations to go raw had been to lift my spirits--before I switched, I could tell my moods were getting worse and I didn't feel like myself, or anyone I wanted to associate myself with anymore.

For the first 2-3 weeks, I felt weepy for no reason and like something inside me was "digging."

Then an interesting thing happened. Filling my body with nothing but life, learning to appreciate the sun and how things grow, plus all of the positive physical changes going on inside my body just rang a bell one day that was like, "You're alive! Hello!" I realized everything is alive, the power of the earth is amazing, and we're connected to it. I've felt incredible peace ever since that day--it was the winter solstice, actually. O.o

I still get anxiety occasionally, and certain things will still make me sad--but they don't affect my sense of self-worth anymore, I can recognize problems outside of myself with a clear head when they are exactly that. They also don't cut me NEARLY as deeply. I'm well on my way to being freed of my negativity. Yay! >8D

A lot of this was personal and something I needed to do by myself and for myself, so I didn't talk much to anyone about it. Just recently, though, my boyfriend told me he was really turned on by my constant positive attitude lately, so a steady, observable change has taken place.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables