Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

TEA
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: January 20, 2008 04:44PM

I read all over raw sites of tea not being raw or youre not 100% raw if you drink tea. Tea is LIQUID. you dont EAT tea! If you eat 100% RAW food daily and nothing cooked but you still drink tea youre STILL 100 % RAW good grief. I only drink tea in the evening during winter, not spring or summer. And lately i havent been drinking it because of reading all the posts of tea being “non-raw” I just think thats taking it too far. A person should not be down on themselves if youre eating 100% raw food but yet drink tea. There are MANY 100+ year old oriental people that drink tea daily and look at british people or english whichever it is they drink their tea like french drink their wine and in moderation. I also have a glass or sometimes 2 of wine but this doesnt make me less RAW. I used to kill off a 12 pack to a case of beer in my SAD diet days but dont drink beer anymore. Just a very mild wine I like, Chapelle Soft Chennin Blanc.Im sorry but I dont feel tea is “non-raw” And Im talking herbal tea not liptons or junk like that I mean Celestial Seasonings Green Tea. If one drinks a little of this its fine to me. I feel awsome now being 100% RAW. Im happy I dont eat SAD anymore and feel lighter and much better than I have since I was maybe 10!! and I drink tea and wine so there you go. Besides i read that its good on digestion to DRINK whatever your drinking with your meals WARM as it aids in better digestion. I read this from an Okinawa Diet resource on what the diet of Okinawa is, and Okinawans have a history of living very long lives vs. the diet of the west,aka SAD. This is just my opinion so please dont be upset with me.Its like when someone on SAD says “wow, all you eat all day is fruit, then a salad for dinner? thats not healthy” or…”thats pretty stupid” Ok well eating a hamburger and fries, or pizza or macaroni, or tacos, burritos,eggs,steak,chicken is better??? HELL NO!! I used to eat all that crap but now just fruit and greens and I am ALIVE now!!! I just feel its taking it too far saying tea is cooked.
Im happy!!Those of you who feel tea is not raw thats fine and same with wine thats also fine, I feel they are both ok in moderation.
Rob

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2008 04:51PM by roadrunner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TEA
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 20, 2008 08:32PM

Sure. The key is for the individual to be very honest with THEIR goals. If their goal allows for tea....and THEY think its a healthful drink....moving them toward their goals....then it is a good thing! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

getting off the crutches
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 20, 2008 09:04PM

I remember 7 years ago, just before I was raw, I was feeling pretty good about my health. Over the previous 2 years I had lost 20 pounds simply by not going out to eat at restaurants all the time. I was taking yoga classes 2 times a week. It had been a year since I broke up with my previous girlfriend, and I was over that. And I was down to one cappuccino a day, as opposed to 10 years earlier, where I was drinking 4 espressos a days when I lived in Paris.

And I thought to myself, I'm feeling great. But I still was enjoying my one cappuccino a day. So I thought, lets see what happens if I quit the coffee. And I found out: my digestion quit working, I was bloated all the time, I was chronically fatigued, I could not stay awake at work, I had troubles doing my one hour commute between San Francisco and Silicon Valley.

This condition led to me raw foods. For that I am eternally grateful. But I am so glad I took the opportunity to find out what life would be like without caffeine. I am grateful for the sharpness of mind I received when I drank caffeine. And it took a lot of healing the get that same sharpness of mind without the caffeine.

If drinking tea is feeling good for you, then drink it until you are done with it. If you continue with the raw foods, your body will tell you when you are done. But you have to be paying attention, and be willing to let go of your preferences and attachments should this show up for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2008 09:36PM by Bryan.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2008 10:06PM

I'm with you about tea. I eat mostly raw, and I used to drink coffee but quit about a year ago, but I still want something warm to drink on cold mornings, and I found I love warm chai tea.

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: January 21, 2008 01:39AM

I forgot to mention I only dring the caffine free tea, but I havent drank tea for a while now anyway, i havent had caffine for over a year, all I drink is water, tea and wine and very little tea and wine.
Rob

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: January 21, 2008 05:24AM

Why do you think the Boston Tea Party was such a big deal? If tea was lame, would that have triggered revolution?

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 21, 2008 06:55AM

you guyz crazy! LOL had muhself some camel meal with banana and peanut butter knocked myself right out but now i am up fo a bit.

dig

go drink tea

all

joeyo aka mr. 100% raw spirit. 80% raw foodist.

LOL

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: January 21, 2008 11:41AM

I read in a pamphlet recently that the tannin in tea can stop iron and other nutrients being absorbed by the body. The article was mainly referring to normal tea, but, if true, I wonder if this also applies to redbush tea and other caffeine-free tea, and to what degree?

I'm personally limiting tea from now on as even the caffeine-free teas seem to stain the teeth. Also, after drinking peppermint tea (my fave), I find myself very thirsty.

Re: getting off the crutches
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: January 21, 2008 10:00PM

Bryan Wrote:
> If drinking tea is feeling good for you, then
> drink it until you are done with it. If you
> continue with the raw foods, your body will tell
> you when you are done. But you have to be paying
> attention, and be willing to let go of your
> preferences and attachments should this show up
> for you.

that's brilliant.

as David Zane Mason says, the Raw Police are non-existant. or i would say they are only in your mind, those "people" who are questioning your "rawness" whom you feel defensive towards. the thing i've noticed since eating raw is that my body gets more and more trustworthy. things that were okay for me a few months/weeks ago i am now leaving behind. and its an easy process, a natural result of being open to "what shows up" for me, and not attaching to anything too strongly. and being totally accepting of what i am eating today, even the QUESTIONABLE stuff (miso, agave, nama shoyu and the occassional cup of oolong!) the way i eat (and drink) today is exactly how i am supposed to eat and drink today. how do i know that? because that is what is happening. and tomorrow may be different. and that will be okay too.

Posted by: gonenuts ()
Date: January 23, 2008 01:34AM

Well Thank you for answering all my questions about Tea and wine , I'm just beginning(2 weeks) and all my questions were answered except one, Spaghetti Squash,, I love it does anyone know how to prepare it,without cooking?

Date: January 23, 2008 04:21AM

I tend to drink tea in the winter months only... I don't drink it in excess and have not noticed any adverse effects so far.

gonenuts - I have prepared squash two ways:

1) Halve the squash, remove seeds and soak it in water for two hours. Drain and use a fork to shred the squash into strands (it takes some effort but it can be done!)

or

2) Halve the squash, remove seeds and run long strips through a vegetable spiral cutter.

<3

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: mameyluver ()
Date: January 23, 2008 09:12PM

It wasn't until recently I started drinking tea again (mostly decaf) because it keeps me warm ... but I have self-inflicted guilt everytime I down one; especially when I give in to the ones that have caffeine, like now (I had 2 cups, and am jittery).

xoxo,
Lita

[paintedrenderings.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables