Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie Questions..Books?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 22, 2008 02:18PM

Curious if anyone could reccomend some recipe books for a raw food newbie..Also if anyone is familiar with Naked Juice..Is it really naked enough to mix with a raw food diet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie Questions..Books?
Date: January 22, 2008 08:09PM

Hi Hazey smiling smiley

Naked Juice is flash-pasteurized so it is not raw....

Some of the books I have and enjoy:

Raw Food Made Easy For 1 or 2 People by Jennifer Cornbleet
Rawsome by Brigitte Mars
Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko
Warming Up To Living Foods by Elysa Markowitz

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 22, 2008 08:46PM

Oh great I just actually picked up Rawsome. Thanks for the info.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 22, 2008 09:01PM

coconutchronicles, I can't believe you're back. Good to see you.

Date: January 23, 2008 02:44AM

Hey Pak! How have you been? Happy belated New Years smiling smiley Good to see ya too and its really good to be back believe me!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: January 24, 2008 02:37PM

I started with Living Cuisine by Renee Loux Underkoffler, Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko, and then found a divine website called rawfoodsupport. After reading about 40% of all the archived posts here, that was all I needed (or could handle at that time before my eyes fell out of my head) and I have been doing my best to listen to my innermost body and learn-as-I-go since.

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: bostonhill ()
Date: February 02, 2008 04:26PM

Yes! I picked up "The Raw Transformation" by Wendy Rudell in the book store.It has orange, purple colors and veges on the front cover. It is SOOOOOOOOOO informative and starts with information that we need to know, how to's, why to's, and food combining. Then tons of recipes. They are fantastic! For most recipes, You will need a Vita Mix blender or a good blender, some kind of juicer,( I have a Green Star) and a dehydrator. I find these gadgets fun so they are not work to me. She makes a raw strawberry cheesecake that is perfect even for breakfast.!! If you don't have those appliances, there are many recipes in there that you can make meals without them.
Have fun with it!
Sandy

Posted by: frances ()
Date: February 02, 2008 06:59PM

bostonhill- I really like "The Raw Transformation" too. She's got a lot of recipes that require the appliances and a lot that don't. I feel like she's less inclined than a lot of raw cookbook authors to depend too heavily on the fatty ingredients. She does use them, but she won't suggest that you make a walnut patty serve it on a seed roll with a nut based sauce and a piece of lettuce (to get in some veggies!). Her bread recipe, which I want to try, calls for 8 cups of vegetable pulp left over from the juicer and 2 cups of flax. It's not negligible fat, but it's not the nearly solid fat you get so many other places.

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: February 02, 2008 07:07PM

My pics for the greatest books are anything by Victoria Boutenko -
Raw Family, Greens for Life, and 12 Steps to Raw Foods all have some great recipies in them. Also - check out the recipie section on this bulletin board - I actually sat down and read EVERY recipie once..... I got really inspired!! I will never run out of new things to try.

Welcome to the forum!!

(Currently drinking a new smoothie idea I just had, made from 4 ripe apricots (frozen from summer!) and spinach. It's actually VERY good!)

Angie

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 02, 2008 07:12PM

Technically, Naked Juice is not raw since it is pasteruized. But, if you are in a gas station far from home and deciding between a bottle of Starbucks coffeesugarchemicals and a can of diet Mountain Dew cancerdrink and a Naked Juice... well, I'd pick a bottle of water now but when I was transitioning, I drank Naked Juice and it didn't kill me. Sure, there are people who will scream "TOXIC!" at everything they never did or won't do. It worked for me for a while, while I was getting where I am now.

If I don't cook up my heroin, then it's raw and I can have that, right?

I'm sorry. I'm being a bit sarcastic and making fun of purists.

smiling smiley

I was a mischievous elf in my former life.

Lee

PS: Books -- The High Energy Diet Recipe Guide, by Dr. Doug Graham and The 80/10/10 Diet by Dr. Doug Graham.

Best of luck to you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables