Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Candida
Posted by: Wies0087 ()
Date: January 23, 2008 07:49PM

Hello, I am a few days into trying a raw food diet. I have been dealing with candida for a few years, and over time (through dietary measures) it's gotten a lot better but is still not gone. I was really worried that with the raw food approach I'd be eating too much sugar, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. I've been experiencing "die-off symptoms" the last few days even though I've been eating lots of fruit. This excites me because I don't think I could do the raw food thing if all I could eat was greens and veggies. From what I've read it seems like on a raw food diet the sugar is distributed and used up... so it doesn't make candida worse. Does anyone else have any experience with this? I would love to hear of others' experiences regarding raw food and candida.
Thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2008 07:50PM by Wies0087.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Candida
Posted by: claire ()
Date: January 23, 2008 08:04PM

Hi Wies

I have candida! I have had it for months and the thrush/UTIs I kept getting were what led me to be diagnosed with diabetes. I am not noticing much difference, but then again I haven't been 100% raw...I've kind of been raw with junk food binges, I've been having real trouble adapting to raw.

I am trying grapefruit seed extract 3 times a day...heard it was anti-fungal and good for thrush, but obviously I need to stop the junk if it is to have an effect.

I too would be interested to hear others' experiences with candida!

Claire

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 24, 2008 01:09AM

If you use the "Search" function on the message list page, you will find that there are hundred of posts on candida. Here is a recent testimonial by Loretta in a post called " Re: my candida is back".

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: January 24, 2008 02:28PM

Do you REALLY know what Candida even is? My inner voice tells me it is some kind of (what we call) bacteria that is hammering away to work with all the toxins within us. Meaning....it is NOT bad (or good), but part of us. I do get the sense that it is helping to detox heavy metals out of our systems, partly through our tongue. I, personally, scrape the top of my tongue vigorously with my top teeth and spit that gunk out regularly. Thank you, Candida, my friend.

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: January 24, 2008 11:37PM

I bet you won't have any problems with candida if you go the high fruit/low fat route. Many people have experienced that not the fruit sugars are the real problems but that the fats are the real culprits. On a high fat diet the fats will hinder the uptake of sugars by the cells, resulting in higher than desired blood glucose levels. And this is what is feeding the candida. If your intake of fats is low, then the fruit sugars are well absorbed and utilised and can enter the cells so there is nothing for the candida left to feed on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables