Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

face and medication...linked?
Posted by: stoner ()
Date: January 25, 2008 05:29PM

I just started eating RAW. I seldon if ever consume cooked food. When i do its all organic and all veggies. Once i started this new diet my face started breaking out live crazy, worse than it ever has. Is this because of the diet change or is it because i take a percription drug every day? And should i stop taking the medication?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: face and medication...linked?
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 26, 2008 02:38AM

What kind of medication are you taking? Our skin is our largest organ and when detoxing anything often signs will show up in our skin first.

I wouldn't begin to tell you to quit taking anything, since I don't have the facts. It's up to you to take control of your health and become the best expert in regards to what is good for you.

There is always a learning curve and the road of improving ones health can take some time. Be patient and kind to yourself, and do a lot of research on your conditions you want to improve.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 26, 2008 02:58AM

Opinion: Work closely with your health care professional to monitor...wean...and perhaps eventually discontinue medications...as your health improves from eating healthy...and living healthier lifestyles. Prism is certainly correct - and I agree with her. In the early stages...just concentrate on setting YOUR small, lifetime health goals...and dietary goals...and keeping them. Skin detox is quite normal. Drink plenty of fresh water...get light exercise...sunlight most days. Regulate your own detox...so you don't suffer any crisis or acute symptomology.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 02, 2008 10:12PM

I think you are probably having an immune system reaction to one of the foods you are eating. Unfortunately, with f+V+ nuts + seeds, people tend to react more to raw proteins than to cooked ones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables