Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

peanut butter
Posted by: stoner ()
Date: January 25, 2008 06:19PM

I go to the whole food store to get my food and their is a machine that has peanuts in it then yu press a button and out somes peanut butter. Is this RAW?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: peanut butter
Posted by: vnc ()
Date: January 25, 2008 06:22PM

the peanuts are roasted.

Posted by: stoner ()
Date: January 25, 2008 06:27PM

So can i make my own peanut butter? Or do i just stick with almond butter? Is this the same for the machiene that has cashews?

Posted by: vnc ()
Date: January 25, 2008 06:32PM

Can you even eat raw peanuts?

I wouldn't bother ---but then again I cannot stand nut butters, so of course I would not :-) I suppose you could make almond butter with an appropriate blender. I certainly wouldn't trust the machine in the store to contain raw nuts.

But do you really need such dense sources of fats?

--Vincent

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 25, 2008 09:11PM

Stoner:

-My own opinion is that nuts are always going to be one of the last frontier of 100% rawness. Unless you can SEE those suckers sprout into little plants...you just don't KNOW (unless you harvested the nuts yourself).....so I avoid them.

-In any event, you can CERTAINLY buy green peanuts...rinse them...sprout them...whatever...then grind them...if you find it tasty and appealing. But if I was going to do that, I'd probably use sprouted sunflower seeds. In any event, you certainly have my support in YOUR choice - since true health is about using food as a vehicle for more consciousness.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: January 27, 2008 04:36AM

Unless otherwise stated, the peanuts are roasted. I used to search far and wide for unroasted, raw, natural peanut butter, and it was all I ate for many moons. One day, I accidentally bought another jar of natural peanut butter--that tasted like a FOREST FIRE. Turns out, it was roasted. Yuck. It was really gross. The difference is huge. Whole Foods carries it for sure, and a lot of other grocery stores should--just read the labels very carefully.

Although I have given up the peanut butter with my transition to 100% raw... Peanuts are allegedly huge carriers of mold. angry smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables