Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dave Mason
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: January 26, 2008 02:27AM

This is one of your posts on a typical day of eating for you, well part of the post;
Breakfast: 1 or 2 glasses fresh Orange Juice
Snack: A some fresh coconut, or 1 pint of strawberries, or 1/2 canteloupe, or small bag of cherries
Lunch: 5 small avocados
Snack: 2 pears, or 2 apples, or 4 cups of grapes, or 2 peaches, or whatever
Dinner: 1/2 pineapple, or 1/4 watermelon (in season), or 1/2 papaya

-That's about typical for me. Just my experiences.

-David Z. Mason

5 small avocados? Isnt that more than 10% fat? I dont know if youre doing the 80/10/10 ,Im doing it, I havent read the book. Im tinkering around with FITDAY and this is what I have worked out to get close to 80/10/10:
this is one day of eating for me and Ive entered it into the calorie counter on fitday.
25 med bananas
4 large apples
1 cup cubed avocado

I didnt mess with the greens I eat for dinner because no matter what I entered it didnt change anything, same with tomatoes I eat with my greens, didnt change anything. Ok the totals were 11 % fat 85 % carb and 5 % protein.
and I did the same entries omitting the avocado and entering a quarter cup sunflowerseeds raw unroasted ,unsalted, and it came out about the same.
So it looks like I can have either/or avocado or seeds in a day but not both or it jumps up the fat %. And the other thing I dont understand is if you add more carbs like bump up the banana totals it changes the fat %. So what Im trying to do here is figure an 80/10/10 balance but for some reason I cannot get the protein % higher than 6% and if I add more avocado or seeds it jumps up the fat quite a bit.I was eating 2 avocados a day PLUS a half cup of seeds to a cup of seeds before I found FITDAY and I had no idea I was consuming that much fat but hey, I never gained weight from it. Now I only have 1 avocado a day for dinner with my greens OR a quarter cup of seeds and no avocado, so either 1 or the other but not both. Now I just alternate each night opposite what I had the night before. tonight I had 1 avocado, tommorow Ill have a quarter cup seeds instead and it keeps me pretty close to 80/10/10 but it s more like 85/11/6,lol!! Any sudgestions? And do you really eat 5 avocados like that? Because I really love avocados and at least im able to have 1 in a day and not have to give them up.And yes I do eat 25 to 30 bananas a day but I also work physically 11 to 12 hours a day also.I will have the book here in a month or less, just cant afford it yet, and Im sure we dont have to be exactly 80/10/10 anyway just close right?
Thanks,
Rob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dave Mason
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 26, 2008 02:54AM

Nope. No 80/10/10. I really don't know that much about it. I certainly don't need to control my weight (5'8"..an athletic 145 or so). Although it IS true that I would not recommend even medium levels of fats for those that have sluggish metabolisms...or are trying to control their weight (or looking to eat raw on the cheap! LOL. Avocados aint cheap!)

-You can certainly try sprouts to help increase your protein values without eating more fats. I congratulate you on bringing a high level of consciousness to what you eat.

-I think as time goes on...you will certainly be less concerned about levels...and more concerned about how individual foods react to YOUR system. You know?

-Just my experiences & opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: January 26, 2008 07:50PM

Ok,
Well Im pretty much fruitarian with the exception of greens for dinner and seeds. I eat fruit all day and greens for dinner so thats basically the 80/10/10 diet.
I guess f-1 (fruitarianfitness) is 100% fruitarian ,I dont think he eats greens at all just fruit. avocado is a fruit and so is tomato and cucumber. I am not watching weight, I am at my ideal weight. When I eat more than 1 avocado, or more than a half cup of seeds , I dont gain weight, nor does it affect digestion, it doesnt cause problems so I think the way Im eating now is fine. I love greens though otherwise Id be exclusively fruit and thats all. Im alot like you, at one time I weighed 250 lbs, smoked and ate whatever I wanted. Burgers, steak,fast food etc so a couple avocadoes a day should be no concern, same with seeds. I do think fat should be limited and this is why i feel 1 avocado, or one half cup seeds a day is good for me. and as far as calories, the bulk of my calories are fruit so 3 to 4k calories a day is no biggy especially where i work 10 to 12 hrs a day physically.so those calories burn fast. Right now Im basically FAT/15 Carb/90/protein/6. I feel great. I bet I eat almost a pound of greens a night too.plain,no dressing. I feel we are designed to eat this way. Like man ate in the very beginning of time, fruit and greens right from nature,live and ready to eat! No man back then ever counted calories or fat etc, lol!! you know.
Rob

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 26, 2008 09:52PM

Sounds like you are doing great Rob! Light years beyond the competition...as they say!

-I do know one thing. 'Consciousness' is the hidden fuel behind ANY diet. The degree to which a person is becoming more joyful...more aware....more allowing....more intentional....and more 'self gift-giving' towards one's self....THAT is certainly key....and not necessarily some empirical standard of healthier eating. That is why some people live to be 100 on a bacon and cigar diet....and some healthy eaters pass away sooner. No one knows the hidden elements of these folks diets....and whether they are eating healthier to have MORE awareness, joy, consciousness, intention, etc......or eating healthy to AVOID having to think on such things. Heh..heh.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: January 27, 2008 01:10AM

for protein eat tons of greens. it's easy to eat a lot of weight in broccoli. good luck.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: January 28, 2008 02:07PM

I just started adding greens to my diet, it has been a long time, I feel a little happier and more satisfied

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables