Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Water!
Posted by: yuna ()
Date: January 27, 2008 08:06PM

Here's what i've learned about this magic elixir! hehe! Enjoy:

[www.goneraw.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Water!
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 28, 2008 12:51AM

I didn't think RO water was heated. I have a unit now that I'm pleased with, changing the 3 Filters every year and the Membrane every three......WY

[www.FreeDrinkingWater.com]

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: January 28, 2008 01:33AM

Isn't some of all water heated/boiled at some level? The water cycle is more than just rain>ground>rivers(etc)>evaporation>clouds>rain. It includes the boiled water that humans drink and pee/sweat out, and the evaporation off boiling pots of stew, and even the evaporation off decaying carcasses (sorry vegan board I know...making a point). So even the water that falls from the sky has some portion of it that isn't "raw."
It's nice to strive, but this looks like expensive, exhaustive striving.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Date: January 28, 2008 01:47AM

it's not expensive or exhausting. after the initial investment- it's free since it's rain. and it takes a minute to pour the water, carry it to the filter and filter it.

the water is raw. evaporation is a raw process. the earth does not heat up to boiling point. the water becomes a gas, and floats up to the clouds, which are still at a raw temperature, then rains down on us again. just because cooked water is vaporated does not mean that the water is cooked. th evaporation and clouds and sun somehow transform the water into living water again, the same as the earth grows living plants.

Date: January 28, 2008 01:49AM

Hi Wheatgrass Yogi! Long time no talk! I think this idea will take root. I definitely want to bottle this water as it's amazing.

Date: January 28, 2008 02:07AM

okay, now that I think about it from that angle, I see how this isn't such a stretch. I love the idea that the sun can activate water...as it does everything.

have you heard of this:

[www.emotoproject.org]

it's a japanese scientist who apparently changed the structure of water with thoughts/music/writing so that the crystals it formed when frozen were related to the message. The point is then made that since we are made of mostly water, we should surround ourselves with positive messages in order to make ourselves beautiful at the chemical level. similar perhaps...

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: vnc ()
Date: January 28, 2008 02:42AM

regarding emoto:
it would be nice if people looked at the experiments before ``citing'' results. (shaine: you DID say ``apparently'') It's nice to want something to be true, but I think you'd better stick with what you can experience directly. Some things can also be true on many levels, and trying to push them using ``physical'' experiments can only make things worse. Any biologist can find holes in a biological theory of why raw food is better. None can act in any way on the FACT that you feel better when eating it. :-) Anyway, this was off topic, I just sense a lot of... fast acceptance of doubtful facts, in here. Now!

Drinking rain water makes a lot of sense though, but not because it's any more ``raw'' than other water [%]. It's just a very sane thing to do! I'd be sure to ensure the filter is good however, AND post-filter container, especially if it holds a lot of water. The ``permaculture design'' book deals with rain water retrieval if I remember correctly. If you have a house this is definitely a good idea.

[%] What is it that is changed in water when it is heated, might I ask?

Take care,
--Vincent
edit: (Keep in mind that I am not a native English speaker,
so tone down my sentences a bit,
chances are they're exaggerated beyond what I meant.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2008 02:51AM by vnc.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 28, 2008 03:15AM

rain water falls through lots of pollution before it gets back down to the earth (acid rain anyone?). i'll stick with distilled. the rain we collect at the cottage in summer for various purposes, but not to drink.

ha, i just remembered something funny! one day my mom came up from the lake and trotted over to the bird bath where she proceeded to dunk her head. i said "what the heck R U doing, crazee ladee?" and she went on about how rain water is so terrific for your hair. strange, i have a very strange family.

oh yes, and just a couple of weeks ago we went up to our friends cottage near ottawa for a mini vacay and while there had to melt snow for water use (again, not to drink). it takes a LOT of snow to make a little bit of water!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2008 03:20AM by coco.

Date: January 28, 2008 03:20AM

I did look at the experiments. I did say apparently. Regardless, the end point taken from it not a harmful thing to consider the possibility of, yes?

measure twice, cut once.

I make paintings

Date: January 28, 2008 02:13PM

coco:
Wow, it turned out exceptionally clear! :-)
Every time I melted snow, what I came up with was unappealing, brownish water.

--Vincent

Date: January 28, 2008 02:31PM

it was fresh and about 3 feet deep! we had so much fun with our "experiment", my son was all like "but mommy, where did the rest of it go?" ha, it's hard to explain that to a 6 yr old!

Date: January 28, 2008 03:04PM

coco:
Ha! The easiest experiment I'd see would be a bit dangerous---namely putting water in a glass container and putting it in freezing temperatures. He would probably understand better what you mean by ``expansion''! winking smiley

--Vincent who can't wait for his daughter to be old enough for all kinds of experiments. hee hee hee.

Posted by: Arkay ()
Date: January 28, 2008 05:20PM

Rain water these days, with all the air pollution, should be filtered to become good to drink. In remote areas with cleaner air, it is less of an issue, but both airborne moisture and air pollutants move with the breezes for long distances, so it is still a good idea to filter regardless of where the rain falls.

Reverse osmosis filtration is still probably the best thing for drinking water, regardless of source. It is best followed by re-mineralization where the water runs through a tube of actual small gravel/rocks, selected to give a well-balanced (slightly alkaline) mineral balance to the water. You can buy these to go with the R/O filter.

Distilled water isn't always as pure as claimed; unless done just right, it may still contain some volatile solvents and such that evaporate and re-condense along with the water, and it usually has lower oxygen and virtually no mineral content. If it is re-oxygenated (just bubbling air through it or pouring it back and forth or sloshing it around with air or spraying it through the air for a bit will do this) and re-mineralized (as above), it can be made much better for your than ordinary distilled water.

Water from natural sources like springs or ponds range from excellent to horrible, so it should be analysed/tested before drinking, and steps should be taken to guard against parasites.

Personally, I drink R/O filtered and re-mineralized water, almost exclusively, and notice/feel subtle differences when I don't (like when travelling). Sometimes I drink solutions (alkaline salts, potassium iodide, etc... that I mix myself) to keep cells and tissues well-hydrated and functioning better.

Date: January 28, 2008 07:16PM

i read that unless the RO machine is really high tech and the filter maintained with absolute fastidiousness, it's just bunk. if there is even a microscopic tear or leak in that filter it isn't actually filtering anything out. how can a home model or even the ones at stores be that good? i just don't trust it at all.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 29, 2008 01:57AM

yuna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Wheatgrass Yogi! Long time no talk! I think
> this idea will take root. I definitely want to
> bottle this water as it's amazing.

Hello Yuna.....Great Idea!! Make it work
for you. Send me an email when you make your first
Million. LOL. Seriously....Good Luck.....WY

Date: January 29, 2008 02:06AM

shaine Wrote:
> okay, now that I think about it from that angle, I
> see how this isn't such a stretch. I love the
> idea that the sun can activate water...as it does
> everything.
>
> have you heard of this:
>
> [www.emotoproject.org]
>
> it's a japanese scientist who apparently changed
> the structure of water with thoughts/music/writing
> so that the crystals it formed when frozen were
> related to the message. The point is then made
> that since we are made of mostly water, we should
> surround ourselves with positive messages in order
> to make ourselves beautiful at the chemical level.
> similar perhaps...
Yes, i've heard of that. I think that it's very powerful to pray over our food! hehe! I love energy healings like prayer and meditation and affirmations as well as visualizations. I like the water because it keeps me 100% raw vegan when i drink it consistently. I crave simple raw foods and they taste good and I can eat enough to satisfy me without effort. Simple rain water is already activated by the sun because the sun has to shine down on the clouds and heat it to process the rain in the first place, I think.

Date: January 29, 2008 02:09AM

vnc Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> [%] What is it that is changed in water when it is
> heated, might I ask?

I would say enzymes are destroyed. I can't prove that there are enzymes in water, yet, though. It's the same principle as raw food. water is dead when it is boiled and alive when it is not- simple enough to me. smiling smiley

Date: January 29, 2008 02:13AM

coco Wrote:
> rain water falls through lots of pollution before
> it gets back down to the earth (acid rain
> anyone?). i'll stick with distilled. the rain we
> collect at the cottage in summer for various
> purposes, but not to drink.
>
> ha, i just remembered something funny! one day my
> mom came up from the lake and trotted over to the
> bird bath where she proceeded to dunk her head. i
> said "what the heck R U doing, crazee ladee?" and
> she went on about how rain water is so terrific
> for your hair. strange, i have a very strange
> family.
>
> oh yes, and just a couple of weeks ago we went up
> to our friends cottage near ottawa for a mini
> vacay and while there had to melt snow for water
> use (again, not to drink). it takes a LOT of snow
> to make a little bit of water!
>
> [i2.photobucket.com]
> snow.jpg
>
> [i2.photobucket.com]
> snowwater.jpg

I filter the water! Of course! The aquarain filterer has been lab tested and certified to remove all bacteria and pathogens from the water. The water is as clean as distilled water.

I have also collected snow and have noticed the same thing. nice pictures! grinning smiley

Date: January 29, 2008 02:16AM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> yuna Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hi Wheatgrass Yogi! Long time no talk! I think
> > this idea will take root. I definitely want to
> > bottle this water as it's amazing.
>
> Hello Yuna.....Great Idea!! Make it work
> for you. Send me an email when you make your first
>
> Million. LOL. Seriously....Good Luck.....WY
Haha! Thanks Wheatgrass Yogi. Oh, you'll be one of the first people to try the bottled rainwater, no doubt! It'll be happening soon. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables