Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How to relieve detox syptoms?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 28, 2008 08:00AM

Hi,
THis is my first post on this forum. I was wondering how to relieve some of the syptoms of detox. I have been raw for about 9 weeks now and I have jumped into detox overdrive. I had really bad rashes, which finally went away, but now I the worst head cold and fatigue that I have had in years. I have read that you could start to introduce some cooked foods into the diet to help alleviate some of the systems, but I dont want slow or stop my detox right now.
Are there certain juice combinations that have worked for other people while they have detoxed? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to relieve detox syptoms?
Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: January 28, 2008 10:24AM

The only think I know that would slow down your detox is to back off on the raw and slowly move back to full raw. If you can, sleep it out! But of course, in this modern society there is so many life pressures. Good luck.
smiling smiley Grayzie

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 28, 2008 11:48AM

I hear you Sam. Intelligently regulating one's own detox is one of the smartest skills a healthy eater can learn. That and concentrating on the real goal - internal cleansing of built up physical / emotional and spiritual blockages and debris. Like exercise, a person should stretch themselves...but not be acute pain, discomfort or crisis. If one IS, then it's time to slow down and heal.

Some options (these are just my opinions):

1) Slow down detox - by still eating raw....and eating heavier foods like avocadoes, raw nuts, and mixed root vegetables. Eating larger meals, less frequently.

2) Speed up detox - by mono-eating soft, fresh fruits.....consuming fruit juices....light fasts....reasonable sunlight exposure, pure water, etc.

3) Halt detox altogether - by eating processed and dead foods....or taking in medications or enzymatically inactive substances (substances that cannot digest themselves). Salts, oils, frozen items, etc., can all halt detox........as can many grooming products...lotions....sunscreens....shampoos, deoderant, and any chemicals that the body has to get rid of - you know?

-Set smaller goals (with timetables) that you are really MOTIVATED and PREPARED to do on a daily basis for a LIFETIME. Don't set any other kinds of goals.

-Enemas and/or colonics can help some people to assist with unloading the system of old debris. These should be infrequent, but regular....for the time needed.

-What do you think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: January 29, 2008 02:11AM

You can slow down detox by eating more veggies rather than fruits. Also, you could do some veggie soups for part of your meals.

I warn you, you may not be able to tolerate detox straight. It depends on how encumbered your body is as to the degree of the detox.

I had to slow the detox down when my nail broke w/in the nail bed (it was bleeding) when my hand slipped from opening a drawer and my hair was breaking off as I moved my head. My body was completely falling apart. If you can rough it out, good for you. It took more more than three years to fully transition to raw. Also, I'm still detoxing.

Good luck. Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables