Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie & penicillin
Posted by: pippin07 ()
Date: January 28, 2008 09:15PM

Hi,
I'm new here and this is my first post. I stared a dextox diet on 1/12/08 that consisted of fruits, raw & cooked veggies, and whole grains with lots of water. I then switched to all raw on 1/25/08. I have weaned myself off a half dozen medications along with caffeine, sugar and alcohol. I started having bladder pain and pain upon urination. Went to the doc and they ran some tests, and today I was told I have Group B Strep. Even though my symptoms have now stopped the doc recommended I take penicillin, which I really, really do hate to do. I am wondering if I take to medication it will undo what I have accomplished this far. Has anybody been in this situation? I really would appreciate any input/support. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie & penicillin
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 28, 2008 10:00PM

Opinion:

-If you are making changes for a lifetime, then you will have the time to do what you need to do. My personal opinion is that you should make changes very slowly....so as not to precipitate any illness....or an acute detox situation. If you have already become seriously ill - as it appears you have - then my suggestion is to work closely with your healthcare professional to get out of crisis FIRST. Take medications and antibiotics if you feel you cannot beat your illness any other way. Once past the crisis - you can concentrate on making the small lifetime decisions and lifestyle changes that will hopefully put you in a position to not have to deal with such things.....at least not in crisis/acute intensity! Heh..heh.

-A speedy recovery to you!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: Newbie & penicillin
Posted by: pippin07 ()
Date: January 29, 2008 01:19AM

Thank you so much for your reply. And yes, these are liftime changes. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and am very excited about how much better I already feel eating this way. Funny I dont feel seriously ill, but that diagnoses sure did scare me. I have been doing alot of research about the B Strep on the internet and still confused to say the least. I will see my regular doc on wenesday and have repeat urinalyises before i decide to take the antibiotic.

Once again, Thanks!!
Pippin07

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables