Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

baby sleep
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: January 31, 2008 04:56PM

help1 my friend's baby is about 6 months and she is still feeling sleep deprived. any tips food or otherwise on what she can do? she is not a raw foodist, but eats healthily, including salads and plenty of fruit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: baby sleep
Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: January 31, 2008 05:13PM

Maybe tell her to ask her trusted friend Rosemary for help, so she can take a nap. It's called..."old school" child rearing.....as in....

...it takes a village...or a whole universe to do it.

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 31, 2008 08:37PM

Pauls suggestion is a good one. Avoiding eating after dark, and simplifying ones diet (less combining) will allow for more fitful sleep - as will the reduction of acidifying foods. Light daily aerobic exercise and joyful living will also go a long way to improve sleep quality. Just some thoughts.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: gonenuts ()
Date: January 31, 2008 08:53PM

Lot's of Fresh Air, the best way for a baby to sleep is get plenty of Fresh air, if it too cold, playdates with others, change the environment. All 3 of my kids slept from 6 weeks, took them to the park and playdates everyday and in bed by 7:30.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 01, 2008 01:02AM

oh, my little is nearly 7 and i'm still feeling sleep deprived!
my advice is to nap when the baby naps and go to sleep at night with the baby even if it feels ridiculous to do so at 7:30 pm (or whenever). she can always get up again later on but that block of sleep time is incredibly valuable. rest happens on the baby's schedule, dishes ain't going no where.
good luck to your friend.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 01, 2008 02:40AM

i second coco's suggestion... you gotta sleep whenever the baby sleeps! if you do your housework when the baby sleeps, what are you gonna do when the baby is awake all night (as babies sometimes are)

i also found that having my baby sleep in bed with me allowed me to get so much more sleep than i would've otherwise, and my friend who co-slept and nursed her first two and now has a third baby on traditional formula who sleeps in a crib complains all the time about how much less sleep she is getting now that she has to wake up, get up out of bed, get the baby out of bed, go downstairs, warm up the bottle, etc...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 01, 2008 04:40AM

oh, i never even thought of that! i forget that not everyone sleeps with their babies and nurses. yes, separate beds/bedrooms and bottle feeding would leave you very tired.

Date: February 01, 2008 02:41PM

thanks. she does sleep with her baby and breastfeeds. her partner is somewhat helpful, perhaps not enough. i have offered help, but she is one of these mom's who doesn't trust anyone else to babysit.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 01, 2008 02:56PM

Someone dumped an eight week old puppy on my porch two mornings ago. Your friend isn't the only one not getting sleep. smiling smiley

Date: February 01, 2008 03:14PM

poor you. i thought pups slept alot

Date: February 01, 2008 03:50PM

Edit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2008 03:53PM by pakd4fun.

Date: February 01, 2008 03:51PM

They sleep like most babies, I guess. Lots of short periods of times all day and night. They get up to eat, @#$%&, pee and play and then back to sleep. It's a Black Lab, so cute!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables