Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Too Many Nuts?
Posted by: blackfoot98 ()
Date: February 02, 2008 03:25PM

Hey guys,

This is my first week of completely raw food and I've been following a couple of cookbooks (or uncookbooks).My question is, can you eat too many nuts and seeds? For example, for breakfast one day, I made a soaked nuts granola that used 1/2 cup almonds, 1/2 cup walnuts, and 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, soaked, with 1/2 cup almond milk. Then later on I had zucchini spaghetti with no-meat balls, made from walnut pate. So another 1/2 cup of nuts there. Total I had two cups of nuts that day. That seems like a lot, since nuts are high in fat. Any comments? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Too Many Nuts?
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: February 02, 2008 03:31PM

Depends on the person, for me I eat SEEDS they are better for you and most nuts you dont know if theyre raw or not especially almonds. I eat 1 to 2 cups of sunflower seeds and sesamee seeds a day but only for dinner, during the day its ALL fruit. However although it isnt affecting weight gain, Im still maintaining 160 my pants feel a little tighter so for a week im gonna back off the seeds. Im still learning too, a week ago i was craving seeds so I endulged and now I FEEL fatter but still same weight but seeds are best in my opinion, just moderation.
Try www.fitday.com its pretty cool and you can enter your food intake and itll break down your daily calorie/fat/protien/carbs to give you an idea of what you can eat based on your calories. I eat about 4000 to 4500 calories a day but most of that is fruit so the fats even out.

Re: Too Many Nuts?
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: February 02, 2008 03:40PM

Oh I forgot to mention, SOAK them! they taste better and they have more nutrition after soaked. I always have a jar of seeds soaking at all times, just overnight, then in the morning dump them in a cullander and leave them for the day to dry, unless you have a dehydrator, I dont so I just let them dry out during the day and eat them for dinner. Or Ive eaten them moist or wet too just as long as theyre soaked. Also better for digestion when soaked.I mix sesamee and sunflower together in a half a mason jar with the jar full of water to soak, then go to bed, and in the morning dump them in the cullander and leave them for the day and theyre ready to eat for dinner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables