Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tea
Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 04, 2008 08:55PM

Is all tea "bad?" To be avoided I guess I should say?
TIA for any response!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tea
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: February 04, 2008 09:06PM

I drink suntea-- made with fresh mint

also drink some organic blends during the winter..made with warm water

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 04, 2008 09:14PM

If it helps you to eat more fresh, raw plant foods - no.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 04, 2008 09:21PM

Hmmm, I am not sure if it would "help" me or not, but I do know that I truly miss drinking bedtime tea at night or some kind of green/herbal tea during the day. It helps me with my cravings, so I guess you are right David. Thanks for that! Permission to make my own path...sometimes I get caught up in the "good/bad" or the way it "should be done." and, I am most times a perfectionist and have it in my mind that it wouldn't be raw. Huh, interesting. Learn something new about myself every day winking smiley

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 04, 2008 09:36PM

I find that caffeine makes me TOTALLY crazy whenever I have it, even if it's an organic, blessed by priests on top of Mt. Fuji, super-antioxidizing green tea.

But once it gets warmer here, I see nothing wrong with icing the occasional glass of mint sun tea in the summer.

Technically, it's not raw, but it's a very small percentage of your intake. And if it keeps you at a higher overall percentage of raw (if it means tea vs. candy bar, for example), then oh my goodness, have a cup! =)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 04, 2008 09:54PM

i use tea for medicinal purposes quite often, tinctures and homeopathics as well. and i still like a cup of herbal tea, it's an indulgence that i enjoy. i don't feel that it is so detrimental that i need to give it up but i am not nor am i aiming to be 100% raw again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables