Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cold Pressed Hemp Oil Versus Olive Oil
Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: February 05, 2008 05:31PM

I barely ever see any raw recipes using hemp oil- is this because it doesn't taste as nice as olive oil, or is there another reason i.e. something 'unraw' with how it's processed?

Also, which is healthier?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cold Pressed Hemp Oil Versus Olive Oil
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: February 05, 2008 08:06PM

I'd take the hemp oil any day.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 05, 2008 09:46PM

I don't think it's as popular or readily available as olive oil.....for now!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 05, 2008 11:15PM

Hemp oil is very very expensive. I think that's why it isn't more popular. As to it being healthier, well, the only essential fatty acids (EFA) you need to eat are the O3 and O6 ones somewhere in the vicinity of 2-3g and 6-12g each (debatable). Hemp oil has these in the correct proportions. Most people get way too much O6 and not enough O3. Excess O3 or O6 is probably not all that healthy, either.

Any other fats after your EFA requirements are up to now considered optional (maybe this will be revised in the future), but most experts suggest that the bulk of your extra fat should be monounsaturated, like the fat in olive, hazelnut, almond, and avocado.

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: February 06, 2008 01:01PM

Thank you for the replies :-) I have both at home, and tend to favour olive oil because hemp oil makes me gag a little! I've been using hemp oil instead of olive for the past few days and I think it's helped my concentration at work smiling smiley

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 06, 2008 01:18PM

I had a recipe that called for flax oil (salad dressing), and I used mostly flax but added coconut (my skin loves it), extra-virgin olive, and hempnut butter. Yum!

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: February 07, 2008 10:36PM

i love hemp oil over olive oil. just started using it last month and don't use olive oil any more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables