Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detox affecting the eyes
Posted by: Berlinpathos ()
Date: February 08, 2008 03:55PM

I'm nineteen and I go to college. I decided to go raw again, after feeling crappy from stopping for about four months. I stayed vegan, but drank a lot of pasteurized juice and ate bready stuff. Anyway, it's been about four days, but yesterday in my Adobe Photoshop class I noticed it was a little harder for me to see the the projection on the front of the board. I have glasses already, but the first thing I thought was that maybe the detox symptoms are affecting my eyes.
Anyone experience something similar?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detox affecting the eyes
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 08, 2008 11:00PM

Not until I turned 44. I was taking organic chemistry and I could not read the subscripts in the book.

When I called to make my appt. with the eye doctor the secretary asked if I was about 40. "Yes!" I cried, "How did you know?" She said that was about when it usually happens.

I got my glasses and I hate them. They give me a headache. I used to be a voracious reader but not anymore. Now most of my reading is online, where I can make the font bigger.

I don't think my diet had much to do with it except for maybe delaying the onset of problems by about 10% or so.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 08, 2008 11:42PM

Me too Arugala,

When I went to renew my drivers license after my 41st b-day I was shocked when I couldn't read one of the lines on the eye test with my left eye. It had been blurring a little since my job switched to involving more computer work. When I went to the eye Dr. she asked when I turned 40 because that seems to be a point when peoples vision starts to fade. I haven't ordered the glasses yet, but i will only use them when I'm at the computer or reading...left eye is 20/25, right is still 20/20, so it's not too bad. I'm also looking into exercises to get better.

Still, i doubt that going raw has hurt my vision, because i kind of felt it happening way before the change. Actually my Dr said that other than the astigmatism in my left eye, that my eyes were clear, bright and healthy.

Greg

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: February 09, 2008 05:14AM

This is my one "health problem" that I still have. I HATE being so dependent on glasses and contacts. It drives me crazy!

I have read all kinds of books about healing your vision naturally, Relearning to see, etc. I know what I have to do, but do not have the means right now. I would need to gradually reduce my prescription and work with a Bates teacher, sungaze, etc.

But I have been wearing glasses since I was a child and need them or contact in order to function in daily life. I remember how strange the world looked when I first got my glasses when I was 10. I often wonder if I never got them what my eyesight would be like now!

When I say to my mom, "I will have perfect 20/20 vision before I die!" she really thinks I am crazy.
But I really believe with time and effort and psychological healing it is possible. There have been studies done that vision deteriorates with stress and under different circumstances.

There was even one women with multipe personalities who had perfect vision while one personality and blurred vision when she "switched" to another!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables