Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

hows my diet?
Posted by: stoner ()
Date: February 08, 2008 08:19PM

Hey
so i have been 100% raw for almost a month and my diet has stayed pretty consistant and i was just wanting some insight on how healthy my diet is and if their is anything i can do to improve or where i am falling short as far as nutrition goes.
In the morning i smash a bananna untill its soft like a paste and add cut up fruit black berries and sun flower seeds. (its like my invention of ceral)

3-4 hours later i have another piece of fruit.

3-4 hours later i have one of my veggie plate inventions (mushrooms bell peppers tomato)(shredded cabbage and avacado) (guacamole)

then in the evening i have abouth piece of fruit.

Am i eating to much fruit?
and recently i added coconut oil to my diet which i like to eat on fruit, Is the ok? and how come it makes me want to stretch like 30 min after i eat it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hows my diet?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 08, 2008 08:36PM

Sounds fine. Remember there are no raw food police. Just as long as you are meeting YOUR goals. If anything, it sounds like you could probably eat a greater quantity of food, but that is your call. As to coconut oil? It's processed...so I avoid it....but if it helps you to eat more fresh fruits & vegetables - I support you 100% Keep up the good work!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 08, 2008 08:40PM

Hi stoner,

I guess it all depends on what your motivation is for becoming raw. Is it to lose weight? ...to become healthier? do you have a specific health concern?

In my opinion that doesn't seem like a lot of food, but I don't know what your goals are. Don't be afraid to nourish yourself with fresh fruits and veggies. if you are hungry, eat more fresh stuff. i wouldn't worry about too much fruit, as there are many people here who only eat fruit (or mostly). but again, it's all about what you are trying to achieve.

For example; I'm a 41 year old man, 6'4" tall about 200lbs, raw for about 8 months. This was my average daily intake over the last month or so:
1-2 bunches of kale or collards
1 bunch dandelion greens
1-2 bunches of cilantro
1-2 bunches of italian parsley
1/2 lb of fresh turmeric root
small handful of milk thistle seeds
1/2 - 1 gallon of fresh green coconut water
1 cup of fresh coconut meat
small handful of goji berries
1 large papaya
1 pineapple
6-8 passion fruit
3-4 kiwis
2-6 bananas
1-2 apples or asian pears
6-10 strawberries
1 avocado or equivalent amount of seeds/nuts
2 TBS Edo's flax seed oil
b12 supplement (the kind you recommended in an earlier post)
1 tomato
4-8 oranges/tangerines
1 carrot or beet
1 cucumber or zuchini
some broccoli or cauliflower
lots of fresh sprouts

I'm constantly changing my intake and working on food combining better. You can see that this is a ton of food compared to your list, but we are different people with different goals. Take some quiet time to really think about your personal goals and experiment with food you enjoy until you find what works... have fun with it... this is all about you!

...and I must say, before you thank me for my input, you should thank DavidZMason, because he's the one that put all these inspirational thoughts in my head. Thanks David... your inspiration is contagious!

Greg

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 08, 2008 08:42PM

Ha...David Z, you beat me to it... we were replying at the same time.

funny

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 08, 2008 09:14PM

Ha! Thank you MauiGreg. It warms my heart (really) if I have been helpful to you, and supportive of the folks that are asking all the right questions - you know?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 08, 2008 09:22PM

Wow. It seems like such a small amount of food. I feel like I eat so much more, I am still trying to figure it out though as well. I will post a typical day in a bit, kids are crazy.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 08, 2008 09:23PM

If it feels good to you, then its probably OK. Myself, I like to eat more fruit. So I don't think that 3 pieces of fruit is too many smiling smiley

Posted by: stoner ()
Date: February 11, 2008 06:37PM

thank you all so much for your input.
I have to say it is reassuring to hear you say that i am doing well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables