Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why does our hair color change as we age???
Posted by: joanna2007 ()
Date: February 10, 2008 03:53PM

Hey, everyone-- have a question and wondering what your thoughts are???

Wondering why our hair changes color from when we are little....?????

I had very golden blonde hair as a little girl and over the years it just got darker and darker-- now its light brown/ dirty blonde...

Is it because of:

The SAD diet?

Pollution?

Harmones?

Being in the sun, less and less each year?

Just wondering what you ladies/and gents, think about this???

Thanks again for any comments!

Sicerely,

Joanna

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why does our hair color change as we age???
Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: February 10, 2008 03:56PM

I have a daughter that 1 year old and I'm looking forward to see if she will change her dark hair to bright as my wife did when she was little.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 10, 2008 04:19PM

I used to have VERY curly hair and bright green eyes as a child. Now my eyes are mostly brown with the greens varying, and I have insolent, meddlesome, fluffy waves (raaarr!), rather than curls. A lot of people I know have had hair darken as well.

Perhaps enzymes?

I guess the question would be, do people on a better diet experience the same changes in hair color as people with less than optimal diets? Has anyone reversed darkening hair?

I know people DO get those mysterious white patches of hair as a product of trauma...

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: February 10, 2008 11:33PM

I haven't seen much change with hair color, yet (I've only been raw for two years--only one at 100%). However, my curls seem to be coming back tighter. They got very loose after my daughter was born.

My hair loss continues on raw, however. I was hoping it would get thicker, but so far there is no change. I know once I'm fully healthy it will come back thick--because that's how nature intended our hair to be. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. :-P

Lots of love to all of you,

Wendi
XOXO

Posted by: oshinn ()
Date: February 11, 2008 05:33AM

i noticed that my hair got lighter, and my eyes darker. as a baby i had dark hair, almost black, and light green eyes, and now my eyes are hazel and my hair is what i can describe as 'mouse brown'. my body hair has gone from dark and noticeable to blond and completely invisible on my arms and legs. i don't know why this is; i don't mind it though, i figure my body is doing what it's supposed to!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: February 12, 2008 12:58AM

It changes in old age due to lack of minerals in the body.

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: February 12, 2008 01:36AM

Pregnancy can cause such changes - particularly darkening hair and turning straight hair curly, or curly hair straight.

Do you blog? Add your blog to the thread on blogging: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]!!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 12, 2008 02:30AM

Arnold Ehret thought it was an Acid Condition in the Body caused by Mucus buildup......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables