Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help! Weird Skin breakout!
Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: February 11, 2008 02:15PM

I've always had sensitive skin but this last month, I have been healthier than ever before... tonnes of great raw food, water and exercise- but have been getting spots and some patches of dry skin that wont seem to budge :-(

It always seems to be in the same place- usually the left hand side of my face around my cheek. Also, I rarely ever get spots anywhere else on my body, but lately I've been getting a few here and there around my neck and shoulders.

I'm definitely getting enough fats (avos, hemp oil, nuts and seeds). Possibly too much fat on somedays.

I work in an office that has a heater that seems to draw all the life out of the air. Could it be down to not getting enough oxygen rather than diet?

< confused ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help! Weird Skin breakout!
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 11, 2008 02:25PM

Check hout your pillow case and your sheets. What are they being washed in? You could be getting it from your bedding.

Date: February 11, 2008 02:42PM

Ahhhhhh, good idea- my clothes I tend to wash with Soap Nuts, but my dad usually washes the bedding in who-knows-what!

Thanks for the tip-off! :-)

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 11, 2008 03:35PM

Additionally, many folks use perfumes, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, sunscreens, medications or other chemicals which can potentially react to the skin...or cause disruptive detox through the skin. Just another thing to consider. (I'm sure you don't have enough! LOL).

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: February 11, 2008 06:24PM

Spots on your neck and shoulders are often caused by staphylococcus rather than propionibacterium acnes, the strain of bacteria associated with acne. I find that certain soaps cause staph breakouts, and also if I have an iron deficiency.

Do you blog? Add your blog to the thread on blogging: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]!!

Date: February 12, 2008 08:11PM

thanks chaps :-)

I'm quite hardcore anti-additive as far as toiletries and cosmetics go ;-)

Something else has occurred to me though. This last week, I have been doing regular face exercises (circulation tapping etc), and it's weird that it's coincided with that. Maybe I am detoxing?

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: February 12, 2008 09:42PM

For me, breakouts on my shoulders and neck don't have anything to do with additives - in fact I got my worst breakouts with a very natural olive oil soap. I think it was the PH of the soap, either too acid or too alkaline. If I were you, I'd just try a splash of ACV diluted in 5 parts water to the area after bathing.

Do you blog? Add your blog to the thread on blogging: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]!!

Posted by: uma ()
Date: February 13, 2008 05:11AM

My skin breaks out if I eat more fat than I can digest or especially and most commonly if I food combine poorly such as eating fats with sweets or eating sweets too soon after eating fats.

Love,
Uma

Date: February 13, 2008 09:33AM

Hi guys! To cover all bases, I changed my bedlinen, did the ACV-thing AND have been eating/intend on eating less fat.

Will report back if my skin clears up smiling smiley
x

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables