Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Perfect Food
Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: February 12, 2008 04:50AM

I was just wondering if there was any one food that could be considered 'perfect'. That we could eat nothing but this one food for the rest of our lives and never be lacking in anything. I'm not saying I would want to do this, more that I am just curious about your opinions and possibley looking for some new staples.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Perfect Food
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 12, 2008 06:46AM

i don't know
perfect?
hmm....

rainwater from pureland i guess
not sure

melted snowflake from unknown pristine land

blackberry and great music

who knows

Posted by: sprouter ()
Date: February 12, 2008 07:32AM

I've heard that bee pollen was a perfect food....i dunno could just be to sell the product...i've also heard that wheatgrass juice is pretty close to perfect..i'm curious about this too

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: February 12, 2008 07:34AM

Yes I have heard sweet potatoes, but I personally have never eaten them raw...they seem to starchy. I have also heard almonds, but I wouldnt think they have enough vitamins.

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: February 12, 2008 10:10AM

depends how long the "rest of our lives" is.

I could eat persimmons for the rest of my life. But I'd have to trade pleasure for time I think.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: February 12, 2008 01:22PM

bananas!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 12, 2008 02:25PM

Hmmm...thoughts:

-If you and youf physiology never changed....then there might be a 'perfect' food. That is probably not the case, so rather there are foods that are quite perfect for the time you are in. Sometimes things will remain a favorite for years (as bananas did for me) and then just drop off the radar! LOL. My personal favorite now? Cherries. But I suppose if it was a matter of nutrition and cleansing, then I would go with eather papaya, pineapple or oranges....which are all quite sustaining and cleansing.

-Coconut is a good food for nutrition and grounding also.

-Just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: February 12, 2008 06:40PM

Durian.

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 12, 2008 08:58PM

i do love strawberry papayas and also RIPE persimmons

and yes, i could also live off of bing cherries too

forever and

ever

and

ever

i'm sure i might get tired of them in .. maybe... five years or so LOL

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 12, 2008 09:03PM

I don't like either one of them, but Arnold Ehret felt that Apples and Raisins together could sustain Life in perfect health.
I like to go Green.......WY

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 12, 2008 09:23PM

I could eat red pomegranates every day, if they were in season all year. I did eat them every day... when they were available *weep*

*sob*

*wipes a tear, mumbles about next December*

They made a fantastic, empowering, cleansing breakfast! =D

Date: February 12, 2008 10:48PM

phantom I know just what you mean!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 13, 2008 04:59PM

My perfect food would be living on light, look up Jasmuheen. Maybe too good to be true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2008 05:01PM by Stev3-o.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 13, 2008 06:05PM

Someone said olives in a book I read..can't recall which raw food book that was though. But the olive tree much like the coconut tree does offer many products from that one source. I also read if you leave the dropped olives under the tree and let them ripen on their own that way, when you eat them they are not bitter. I wonder if that's true?

How many different olives are there? I wonder what each tree looks like? Are coconut trees all the same or are there different types of coconuts?

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: February 13, 2008 07:14PM

If it's real fresh and ripe and organic it's always pretty near perfect. And if I get a mango that fits that description - that is the perfect food to me but I don't think most of us could live on just one thing.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: February 13, 2008 07:30PM

Prism Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also read if you
> leave the dropped olives under the tree and let
> them ripen on their own that way, when you eat
> them they are not bitter. I wonder if that's
> true?

Yes it's true! It's the only way I will eat olives, they are delicious when truly ripe.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: February 13, 2008 07:37PM

selenes512

I found it! This could be the perfect food.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2008 07:39PM by Dulset.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 13, 2008 09:51PM

i just thought y'all might find amusing what a Google search turned up under "perfect food":

* of course the first 11 listings are sites hawking Garden of Life's powdered greens supplement called "Perfect Food". that's called good marketing.

* an article that asks 9 nutrition "experts" to name their perfect food or dish, results being: (1) whole-grain corn puffs, Cheerios, shredded wheat, Bran Buds, corn bran, or oat squares with 10 ounces of skim milk (2) tofu (3) baby spinach salad with fruit, almonds, feta, olive oil and vinegar (4) dark chocolate (from andrew weil!) (5) fruit salad (6) blueberries (7) vegetable soup --using spicy V8 juice as a base!!!

(*sigh* is it any wonder our culture is plagued with obesity and diabetes and heart disease and cancer? when our nutrition experts list V8 and Cheerios as perfect foods?)

* breast milk (specifically for babies)

* bananas (specifically for cyclists)

* eggs (complete with the quote: "Three to six eggs per day also provide great heavy-metal detoxification."winking smiley (SIX eggs per day!?!?!?!)

* hempseed (from the website: www.marijuanalibrary.com, so take that with a grain of salt y'all!)

* FrequenSea with Marine Phytoplankton by ForeverGreen

* CHIQUITA bananas (from www.chiquita.com)

* beans

* soy

* milk

* yogurt

* chlorella and spirulina

there you have it. so now you know. the world's most perfect foods. smiling smiley

Date: February 13, 2008 10:02PM

6 eggs A DAY! That is unreal!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 14, 2008 01:17AM

I don't think there is any such thing aside from human breast milk for a baby (not so perfect for an adult).

Green leaves low in oxalates are about the best you can do as an adult. But they are not complete, as they lack B12 and vitamin D. They are also so low in calories that you pretty much have to eat other things, too, like fruit.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 14, 2008 02:03AM

I am glad there is no one perfect food. I enjoy so many different foods. I love the variety of foods we get to eat. I'm perfectly happy to have many different foods to meet my needs and desires.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 14, 2008 03:07AM

That's true. Half the joy in my shopping trips is bringing home a cornucopia of delights--even if enjoyed one at a time. ^.~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables