Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to raw foods
Posted by: tea937 ()
Date: February 13, 2008 05:09PM

Hey everyone!!!

I am considering starting this raw food diet/lifestyle and I am very lost. I am researching and all the information I am finding seems to confuse me more. What do are the first things that I need to do/ to know to make this successful?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to raw foods
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 13, 2008 06:07PM

Hi Tea,

Congrats on taking the first step. I would suggest reading through as many of these threads as you can stand. Read the articles that are linked on the homepage. You will soon realize that the way to succeed is highly individual. Set small goals. Find the healthy raw foods that you love and start eating more of them. Pay attention to how you are feeling and adjust your plan if needed. If you are committed to keep trying there is no such thing as failure...only practice. Keep coming here for support, inspiration and raw knowledge...the folks here are amazing!

Gosh... sometimes it sounds like I'm channeling DavidZMason....cool!

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 13, 2008 06:42PM

Hi Tea! It CAN be as simple as just eating MORE of the fresh fruits and vegetables that you LOVE.....consistently...over the course of your lifetime. Make sure that you are clear on what YOUR goals are. Don't let some guru.....or 'system' tell you otherwise. There are no raw food police.

-A good start is just to analyze what general...overall % of fresh, raw plant foods you eat NOW...and are comfortable with right now. That may be 1%....or 5%....or 10%....or 25%...or whatever. Then set a generous time frame of at least 6-12 months to reach YOUR goals. A good first goal is to eat 1 all-raw meal a week....for the reast of your life. A good middle goal is to eat 1 all-raw meal per day. A high end goal would be to eat 2 out of every 3 meals all-raw...forever!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 13, 2008 08:20PM

There are loads of awesome raw foods to help you transition switching out cooked meals... Zucchini noodles are a personal favorite of mine. Also considering learning how to sprout--it's cheap, fun, and super nutritious, and try eating new fruits and vegetables you've never seen before--like DURIAN. <3

And visiting this board frequently has helped me tremendously. =)

Most importantly, stay positive!

Posted by: tea937 ()
Date: February 13, 2008 08:27PM

Thank you everyone for all the advice!!! I really do appreciate it. I'm so excited to live a healthier life. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables