Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new to the raw foods diet, a good way to transition ?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 14, 2008 06:18AM

I already eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables, and I felt that maybe I should try to transition to the raw foods diet. Where's a good place to start with recipes? Is it very hard to transition fully to a raw foods diet? I live with people who don't eat a very healthy diet, aside from them and their unhealthy foods laying around, are there any problems that anyone might think that I will run into?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new to the raw foods diet, a good way to transition ?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 14, 2008 12:18PM

Hi Pallidpanda. No it's not HARD....it's HONEST. It's about being honest about where you are 100% comfortable with right now.......what overall lifetime percentage of fresh, raw plant foods you are eating per day.....and stretching from there....with small goals...that YOU are comfortable with. Some people find they are VERY comfortable......and move quickly. Other people find they are IMMEDIATELY in crisis and suffering. Those folks are wise to immediately cut back to a level where they can progress with joy instead of sorry and worry....and they usually do.

Tips:

1) DON'T expect those doing the wrong thing to understand, accommodate, or feed you. They probably won't. It's up to YOU to accept, understand and support them in THEIR dreams - you know?

2) ALWAYS eat before you leave the house, stay full, and bring a snack bag all places. NEVER get caught somewhere hungry.

3) Make sure you are CLEAR and SPECIFIC on your lifetime goals....and that they REQUIRE healthy eating. Otherwise sooner or later....you will find yourself lacking motivation when that old cooked food platter rolls your way. Its just the way it is.

4) Do not even MENTION the word raw. If asked....just say you are on a 'special diet' of fresh fruits and vegetables. Do not allow others to cross your dignity boundaries. Do not discuss your sex life, religion, politics, or personal diet....unless it is one-on-one, polite, and sincere. Don't respond to cross-examining or criticality. Only those doing the wrong thing need to defend their personal behavior. Don't you think? If YOUR passionate, successful and happy....that's ALWAYS good enough for the people that truly love you and support you.

-Power & Success to you!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 14, 2008 01:46PM

"Do not discuss your sex life, religion, politics, or personal diet....unless it is one-on-one, polite, and sincere."

Yet more golden advice from DZM! =)

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: February 14, 2008 02:26PM

Hey Pallidpanda

Welcome! (And happy Valentine's Day!)

You will get a lot of support and information if you hang around here. The crowd here is great! The recipie section is fantastic!!

The hardest part about being 100% raw is the finances, in my opinion. I'm still not 100% raw, but I believe ANY way you can get progressively more raw food into your diet is the best thing for your body and your life. Also, excercise! When stumbling blocks come along (and they will) you just have to remember your convictions and get back on track. Do the best that you can and don't focus on any failures.

And as David says, don't make a big deal about it, or preach to everyone. People will ask why you're not eating the usual fare - the excuse that I always am able to use is that it sends my blood sugar too far out of whack (which is true). And yes, people, especially family, will have a problem with that but you have to be true to yourself and find other ways to connect with people, besides food.

That's my two cents!

Enjoy your journey into raw!

Angie

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 14, 2008 03:21PM

What if we want to discuss our sex life? hehe

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 14, 2008 08:09PM

Hey....I won't stop you. At least its YOUR choice....not thiers. winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 14, 2008 09:57PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What if we want to discuss our sex life? hehe

start a new thread, you hijacker! smiling smiley

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 14, 2008 10:22PM

No worries, I have a lack thereof.
However, if I did have one, I would only speak to one person about it! grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables