Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

When to ditch the Toothpaste?
Posted by: SandraDee ()
Date: February 14, 2008 10:08PM

So I've been scouring the internet all day about teeth and healing them naturally. I'm gonna give the oil pulling a try. And I want to ditch my traditional tooth paste. But I'm wondering "when" I should ditch it. I'm thinking that if I'm losing weight then there are toxins being expelled out of my body... and some of them will end up in my mouth. Wouldn't that make it more acidic? Should I keep using traditional toothpaste until all the weight is gone before I switch to tooth powder? Or does it even matter??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When to ditch the Toothpaste?
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 14, 2008 11:05PM

There are gentler, natural toothpastes without a majority of the most damaging chemicals (some naturally-derived but processed things are always in question). Getting rid of fluoride is a wonderful thing to do for your body. Tom's of Maine and Desert Essences are reasonably-priced brands that I have found which are without most of the nastiest chemicals.

And, yes, during detox, especially when you get the fuzzy tongue--you want to brush!! I've had to throw out toothbrushes after serious cleanses because they were so yucky.

Now, after being raw for a while, my tongue is usually pink, pains I had from wisdom teeth coming in have completely disappeared, my mouth is wholly cleaner--but I still feel kind of icky if I don't brush after waking/breakfast time. (I *have* been able to ditch the Listerene, which I used to swear by!) There is another thread on this forum about tooth soap that may interest you, I have yet to try it for myself.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 14, 2008 11:20PM

i use this handy-dandy tongue scraper, bought it during the master cleanse to try to tame the tongue fuzz!!! (that fuzz was unstoppable, but i still liked the tongue scraper...)

[www.dreamcastle.com]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 14, 2008 11:34PM

Its worthwhile to use a toothpaste without Sodium Lauryl Sulfate if you are using toothpaste. Myself I use only water, though anytime you feel you are ready to move away from toothpaste is a good time for you.

Posted by: bananablossom ()
Date: February 14, 2008 11:58PM

Try Tooth Soap by Perfect Prescription. I use it and within a few days noticed wonderful changes in my teeth and gums. Totally worth it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 15, 2008 12:04AM

My favorite is raw cream and some fine grained clay Sandra. Just mix in clay until it gets to a toothpaste like consistency(or any you like)...and scrub away. I have very sensitive teeth, I brush them at least four times a day. If I have creampaste available, I can usually get away with 1 or 2 scrubs a day and they feel great! I have very sensitive teeth too, it makes them whiter too ! try it =)

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 15, 2008 12:19AM

Bryan, when did you start using water? Do you brush any differently with water?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 15, 2008 12:40AM

phantom,

I started with water only about 4-5 years ago. I just wet my toothbrush with some water and brush and rinse, as if I were using toothpaste.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables