Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bad Breath
Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: February 15, 2008 06:28PM

So I'm wondering...

What can one do about bad breath. This is an embarrassing problem, but I always feel like I am smellier than most!!! Not just with breath. I know this is my body detoxing so in a way I am thankful because I know it's doing it's job. Or is it something else - like some kind of metabolic disorder or what?

Eating parsley and drinking LOTS of water does not help. It's not my teeth either. They are 100% healthy. It can't be that stomach bacteria that can be gotten rid of with antibiotics, because I got LOTS of antibiotics with my horrible recent c-section. I have at least one bunch of dark leafy greens a day. At one time I took clorophyll and that also did not help... it actually seemed to make it worse.

The only other thing I can think of is candida, but I cannot stick to any candida diets. I have tried LOTS. If there was something that actually made me feel full, was affordable, and convenient I might be able to pull it off but I feel kind of stuck.

Is this a simple problem with a simple answer?

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bad Breath
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 15, 2008 06:35PM

A lot of people heal their candida in 1 or 2 weeks with the 80-10-10 diet. These are people who spent years on anti-candida diets with no relief, or at best they had some symptoms disappear, but the first time they eat a banana the problems all reappear.

If 80-10-10 is too extreme for you, consider eating simpler meals with simpler food combinations. Perhaps mono-eating as much as possible. At least until the symptoms disappear.

Even if decide to not eat 80-10-10, check out your fat intake on one of the nutritional calculators. If your fat intake is in excess of 20%, consider lowering your fat intake until you are symptom free.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 15, 2008 06:58PM

I am fasting 10 days and I have dragon breath. I brush my toungue, that helps

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: February 15, 2008 07:04PM

Get a tongue scraper and use it before brushing, also checkout oilpulling.com , this is excellent way to have a SUPER clean and fresh feeling mouth.

peace!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 15, 2008 07:43PM

i second the oil pulling and the tongue scraping!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 16, 2008 05:11AM

-The above posts are great. Suvine makes a good point - of course. It's not for everybody...but fasting will certainly precipitate bad breath at first....and then rapidly clear it up (in my experience). In the mean time, keep the mouth well-rinsed with pure water....and brush with a very clean...soft tooth brush. Make sure to brush the tongue well....as indicated above. You should do fine.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 16, 2008 11:38AM

Some people have horrible breath due these nasty black fungus clumps in their sinuses. You can't fix that with a good diet.

I knew somebody who had had a lap band installed and she had dragon breath, too.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 16, 2008 04:47PM

Black fungus clumps in your sinuses?? O.O Can you tell me more about that?

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: February 17, 2008 12:41AM

yes what is black fungus and how do you clean that sht out?

Date: February 17, 2008 01:31AM

Antifungal Drugs or surgery.

[www.sinuses.com]

I've seen pics, they are totally disgusting. But I suspect that this is not an uncommon reason for foul breath, the kind that does not go away after brushing.

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: February 20, 2008 08:38PM

How do you find out if you have black fungus clumps? That sounds nasty! And what do you mean about having a lap belt installed, arugula?

I also wonder if it's our water. It smells like a fart when you turn on the water (sulfer, rust, etc.) We have a cheap under-sink filter - hoping to get R.O. filter sometime in the future. It did seem to get worse after living in this house.

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Date: February 20, 2008 10:30PM

You'd have to go to a conventional doctor to be sure about having it. Ear nose and throat person, probably.

Lap band is laproscopic band, a surgery to make the "working" part of the stomach smaller and to help morbidly obese people lose weight for the simple reason that they will be unable to overeat from then on (at least, in one sitting).

[en.wikipedia.org]

In practice, this does not work so well in the long term, because the people who have this procedure learn to work their way around it, such as eating m&ms continuously all day long, and many of them do regain their weight.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 20, 2008 10:51PM

You can also try getting a WaterPik and irrigating between the teeth. This helps clean out the sulfur bacteria that grow between teeth. Use it on a low setting, directing the water horizontally between teeth, where the gums and teeth touch.
I would also suggest using Dr. Don's mouthwash in the water. Dr. Don's does not have fluoride, alcohol, or sugar.

Another source of bad breath can be liver related. I don't know too much about this, but have heard people mention it in the past.

EM1 can help control candida (albicans) problems as well.
Eric

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables