Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to raw foods
Posted by: brenna ()
Date: February 16, 2008 12:34AM

I have been slowly transitioning for about 2 months now and I'm finally going 100% raw. I was a meat eater, smoker, drinker, caffeine and sugar junkie all the way. My husband and I ate out several times a week for dinner and that's not even counting the cafeteria food at work(boston market, quiznos, etc.)
When I heard about raw foods it hit me like a bolt of lightning. I immediately knew that this is what I'm supposed to do. Getting there was tough but I'm pretty well through it. I quit smoking, caffeine, eating out, and candy/junk food all at the same time and started eating breakfast and lunch raw every day. About a month ago I quit eating meat and dairy products and learned that all my stomach pain apparently came from that. Every time I ate my stomach would get bloated and distended and I would be in horrible pain, but I somehow never associated it with the type of food I was eating. I've realized now that I had completely forgotten how to listen to my body.
I'm 5 foot 4 inches and when I first heard about raw foods I weighed 230 pounds. Wow..that is the first time anyone besides my doctor has heard that. I have been miserable with my weight for a long long time. In two months on only about 2/3's raw I have lost 15 pounds, seen my energy come back, started going for walks and to the gym daily and feel happier then I've felt in years.
I just came home from Costco and this is the first shopping trip I've had where I bought completely raw food. $141 worth to be exact. I'm so excited and my kitchen is just covered in fruits and veggies. I don't even know where to start!
I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now and I have to say it's been so inspiring! Everyone is so positive and supportive, reading about all your journeys and struggles has motivated me so much.
I guess I'm just happy to be here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to raw foods
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 16, 2008 12:40AM

Welcome to our forum! Its great that something inside you resonated with the message of raw foods. Enjoy this journey, your exploration of your healing with the raw foods. My own exploration of raw foods has graced me with so much healing.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 16, 2008 12:48AM

yay, brenna! welcome to the path! i know the feeling when you look around your house and there is fresh produce everywhere, and you feel so amazing and self-nurturing and happy and alive.

i love your story of the lightning bolt, i had a similar experience when i bumped into the idea of raw foods last july. i just knew "this is what i'm supposed to do". it feels like raw foods chose me, not the other way around.

see you around the boards...

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: February 16, 2008 02:16AM

wow, what a life change! i look forward to hearing about more weight loss and improved health so you can inspire us!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 16, 2008 05:09AM

I am proud! I know the wonderful folks on this board (including myself) are here to support YOUR dreams. Go for it!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: claire ()
Date: February 16, 2008 12:19PM

wow, well done...I admire how much you have succeeded!

Claire

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables