Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is this normal???
Posted by: joanna2007 ()
Date: February 16, 2008 02:43PM

Hi, everyone!

I have a quick question... I have been transitioning to raw for a few months now. Two weeks ago I was doing about %75 raw--- eating, juicing mostly fruits all morning and afternoon. At night I would eat a cooked meal. (tried going %100 but just couldn't do it, yet) Anyway, a strange thing happened... after 7 days of going %75 and feeling just so-so, and well, not to great--- the week after I felt absolutely wonderful---- tons and tons of energy, happy all the time, grounded, calm- didn't get angry easily... running around the house cleaning up a storm, listening to music all the time, and talking non-stop--- I mean honestly i felt like I was on speed or something!!! and no I do not take drugs -haha! I felt the best I have felt since childhood-- energy wise.

So, I am wondering if this is normal--- is there a "lag" time with eating raw foods? Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I went back to mostly cooked food and just after a few days i felt like crap again! It was a little experiment I guess- but I am wondering if any of you have experienced this? I was so upset when I switched to raw and didn't feel instant energy- like some of you have experienced--- I wanted it too! Then it came a week later??? Strange...

Any of you know what this is about, or experienced the same?

Thanks for your time!!

Sincerely,

Joanna

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is this normal???
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: February 16, 2008 03:41PM

Depending on how encumbered the body is, the longer it takes for the effects of raw to occur. I know that the first time I drank juiced apple w/lemon, I was so energized that I couldn't go to bed. I knew after that not to drink any fruit juice before bedtime. The first time I drank wheatgrass juice, I thought I was going to hit the roof b/c I had such a blast of energy that I couldn't stand still.

So, yes, what you have experienced is normal.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 16, 2008 04:28PM

if you look around at the general population, you'll see that it is quite abnormal to feel the way you do! i am acutely aware now of how grouchy people are, but also i can see it coming from a place of body discomfort and energetic depletion, so i feel distanced or unattached from it, not triggered by it (maybe that's what you mean about not getting angry easily...). i want to give everyone a hug! (and an apple...)

welcome to the club, you weirdo! smiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 16, 2008 04:58PM

My thoughts:

-Folks often don't know that when you start to eat healthy....it makes it safe for the body to dump old materials...junk...and toxins back into the system for elimination. Understanding and regulating the speed and intensity of one's own detox is a primary skill.

-At first...one might feel the energy of the healthy food. Then might come the true healing of detox.....and a slowdown....and maybe even a 'crash'.

-Much of what the standard eater thinks of as 'energy' are really 'excito-toxins' dumping into the system. Things like caffeine or alcohol that make the body think it's dying.....and produce all kinds of chemicals to try to get rid of that stuff. This is the 'rush' of energy that most people feel. It is not a true energy or healing.....and is in fact....using up the body and burning it out. These are just my opinions and observations.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: February 16, 2008 07:27PM

For a while you can expect cycles of low and high energy, till your body has done the cleansing job..... It seems the body has a way of dumping its toxins. What it has build up over years won't be all out at once.

Greenpower

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 16, 2008 07:34PM

I agree with the posts here. This is normal to feel some low energy as the body cleanses. And after awhile, when its done cleansing, you get your energy back or perhaps even more energy than you had before.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables