Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Whole food plant Diet like The China Study book
Posted by: TAMJOJOADAR ()
Date: February 16, 2008 03:42PM

I am switching to the whole food plant diet that i learned about when i read the China Study Book.... does any one know i good site i could be on// knowing you all are Raw no cooking people I may not fit in. Thanks in advance for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Whole food plant Diet like The China Study book
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 16, 2008 04:45PM

good for you for taking radical responsibility for your health and well being! The China Study is a compelling read, for sure. there are tons of vegetarian boards, including:
[www.vegsource.com]
[www.veggieboards.com]
[www.happycow.net]
[www.vegfamily.com]

there are lots of people on this board who eat some cooked foods, so if you ever feel like discussing the part of your diet that is raw vegan, i'm sure everyone here would welcome you.

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: February 16, 2008 07:34PM

If you won't do all raw at this time, check out [www.drfuhrman.com]
He does allow cooked foods, but no animal products. He is the scientific man. Then work your way towards all raw! You can transition into raw foods more slowly. Don't forget us!

Greenpower

Posted by: TAMJOJOADAR ()
Date: February 18, 2008 12:41PM

What i do is jucie in the morning or a grapefruit. graze the rest of the day on fruit. Some nights i cook a hot Vegan meal or have a big salad. Come summer i may not want hot food. I really think i still part of the Rawfoodist commuity. I don't know what percent because i don't know how that is figured out..

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2008 06:47PM

Hello!

Congrats on finding your way here and seeking resources. I've been raw, but my husband and children have not. (I have been giving them a lot of fruits and salads, though.)

I FINALLY got around to reading The China Study just a few weeks ago, and convinced my husband to go Vegan as that book recommends. His father, his father's brother, and his grandfather all had prostate cancer. And this book recommend avoiding meat and dairy to prevent this very common cancer.

All I did so far was go on Amazon and read reviews on Vegan recipe books. The one that got rave reviews that I ordered was "Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook". Haven't received it yet so can't give you my own personal rating. That author also had another very highly rated vegan cookbook.

Basically we've found it to be easy to be raw for breakfast, lunch, and snacking. It's the traditional dinner that's hard for my husband. So I'll give him some cooked vegan dinners, and try to throw in some raw dinners every now and then (e.g. like raw spaghetti). Maybe some day they'll get to 100% raw, but can't force it.

Enjoy your new diet!

Posted by: frances ()
Date: February 20, 2008 05:36PM

dalyrm, Good luck with Veganomicon! I have Isa's earlier cookbook "Vegan with a Vengeance" and it's one of my favorites. I didn't buy Veganomicon when it came out because I was doing raw by then, but I bet it's wonderful!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables