Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

WWOOF?
Posted by: corizza ()
Date: February 17, 2008 12:41AM

I just came across this organization. Does anyone know anything about it or know anyone who has been a part of it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WWOOF?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 17, 2008 01:02AM

what did you want to know exactly?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 17, 2008 04:48AM

never heard of it

haven't done any research on it

what is it?

sounds like an organization for canines?

no?

sorry... have no clue

Date: February 17, 2008 06:07AM

Willing workers on organic farms. I have known and been a member off an on over the last 5 yrs. What do you want to know? They have a website which will give you lots of info.

Ali

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 18, 2008 12:39AM

I haven't done it, but know it's legit. Just follow instructions and contact people first.

Date: February 18, 2008 07:31PM

I just wanted to see if people had good experiences while doing it and if it was a positive environment. I'm considering doing it this summer and I just wanted to see if anyone has any tips or experiences to share.

Date: February 18, 2008 10:03PM

my little sister did it, found love and the place on the planet she wants to live forever. aside from that she had a great time, it can be very hard work at times but what better way to travel? and you learn so much too.

just follow the rules, pay the money to join the organization and get their info/books etc. check people out, references, referrals etc. and make sure your family know your travel plans, contact info etc. be safe and have a good time, it's an amazing opportunity.

Posted by: monson ()
Date: February 20, 2008 04:23AM

each individual can have a completely different experience from the next since each location is distinct from the next.
the only commonality amongst the farms/orchards/etc is that they are part of wwoof.

it's possible that you could end up with some real assholes, but it's not like you sign a contract and are required to stay. that being said, i worked on a mango farm in chiapas about 6 or so years ago and it is something i would do again if i had the freedom/time.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 20, 2008 05:28AM

hey monson

that sounds incredible

do u have any pics of the chiapas that u want to share?
also ... if you are willing to, can u tell us what your experience was at the mango farm?

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: February 20, 2008 05:43AM

I am definitely going to do this one day. thanks for the info! =D

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: February 20, 2008 10:15AM

I had an amazing experience WWOOFing in New Zealand. I only stayed at one farm for about a week, I slept in a caravan powered by a solar panel, drank water direct from a spring and had use of a compost toilet. It was a very small farm just run by a couple and occasional WWOOFers. I had veg to water and pick and animals to feed. It was about 7 years ago so I don't remember too many of the details but I do remember picking fresh carrots for my dinner which were very tasty. I wasn't raw at the time, just veg, but they were fine about providing veg food for me. I'd definitely recommend it (although as has been pointed out above, every farm will be different.)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: February 20, 2008 10:08PM

thanks for the info! I'm am hoping to go hang out in costa rica at one of the raw farms....I'm just waiting for my passport right now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables