Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

enzymes
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 17, 2008 03:02AM

I have been raw for over 4 months now. I love it and everything is going well. One issue I face is that sometimes I may have to eat cooked food due to circumstances beyond my control. Details are unnecessary, really can't avoid it for one meal. I've heard that some take enzymes to digest the cooked food. What are the enzymes suggested and where can I find them? I don't wish to eat anything cooked, but I need a back up plan. My body horribly rebelled when I had one piece of cooked pizza last week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: enzymes
Date: February 17, 2008 06:10AM

A good quality digestive enzyme will work when you can't get out of eating 'other peoples food!!' I had great success with Enzymatic Therapy Digest Gold.

Ali

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 17, 2008 11:54AM

I think the pizza problem, if you have no way to say no, is easy to solve: very thin sliver of pizza accompanied by large raw salad, this should minimize problems. I don't do digestive enzymes per se but I do buy pineapple when it's on sale.

Date: February 17, 2008 04:34PM

Other people were buying the pizza and there was no salad options

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 17, 2008 08:34PM

I haven't tried enzymes, but if you ever have the chance with the situation, I second the huge green salad.

My boyfriend took me out for a surprise on Valentine's Day (he did warn me, "You might have to eat something cooked..."winking smiley, and it was to a Mediterranean place we had our first date at, so I wasn't going to object to his sentimentality. Raw options were very limited, so I got a GIANT naked green salad, and then had a bit of hummus (no pita) and roasted eggplant/tomato salad. Greens are great because it fills you up, and I think having anything fresh in my stomach before the cooked helps with bloating/discomfort a lot. I've cheated once or twice with the same food, and salad first + smaller cooked portions made a HUGE difference.

Another thing to do is to eat before the meal, if possible, so you won't eat as much of whatever the situation coerces you to eat.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 20, 2008 04:25PM

If you MUST get enzymes Vitalzym is probably the only one I would recommend, for serious healing, but you hAve to take alot and it is pricey

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables