Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new to raw
Posted by: robinbird ()
Date: February 17, 2008 01:24PM

so im pretty new to raw. I love green veggie drinks. I enjoy them all green with no fruit. I juice them or blend them. Can you eat too many greens? can it become toxic? if i have 2 or 3 juices/smoothies a day its an enourmous anount of greens maybe it could be too much? i tend to eat the same greens, kale, chard, celery, cilantro, parsley. i know i should mix them up but its hard to find other varities.

also how do you integrate eating raw into life? i have client lunches and dinners almost every day of the week. I can always order a salad but people freak if you don't order an entree. Or what happens when you are invited to someones home? I relaly don;t wnat to have to tell everyone "im raw" i just wnat to be able to eat what i want and not seem like im micromanaging every waiter!

and what do you do at home with other poeople you live with? always make 2 meals? My boyfriend is more than willing to eat SOME raw but he likes his fish or pasta especially after a workout.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new to raw
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 17, 2008 02:08PM

Opinion/Advice:

-Congratulations on your healthier lifestyle! Sounds like you are making great strides.

-You cannot expect people who are doing the wrong thing to understand you, accomodate you, or feed you - including restaurants. You can just say to people: "I'm on a special diet".....and "I'm only eating fresh fruits and vegetables today. Don't explain or defend your diet - it's a very personal issue. Especially don't try to 'convince' or 'explain' it.

-I think your greens intake level is fine. In the beginning....stay full....and eat the widest variety of the fresh fruits and vegetables that you love. ALWAYS eat before you leave the house....and bring a snack bag. When you arrive at a business meeting....or family gathering....you've GOT food to eat. After eating this way for many, many years.......no business meeting or family gathering has ever been anything other than VERY supportive when I whip out an apple while they are eating their steak. I just let them know I am there to support THEM.

-Yes. If you are the one that cooks....make WHATEVER the people you love think is optimal....and YOU make and provide what YOU think is optimal....and make a little extra for anyone that wants this - you know?

-The best thing you can do for the people you love is be happy and successful.

-What do you think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: February 17, 2008 02:30PM

i think that's very helpfull and supportive I apreciate it! so not to worry, can't eat too many greens?

Date: February 17, 2008 03:26PM

another question! what do you do when you travel? how do you get your greens and your juice? i can still eat raw but not sure i can get the greens

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 17, 2008 04:32PM

No....especially in the beginning, a large amount of greens was helpful to me. One would have to eat larger amounts of greens...since they are low in calories...I imagine.

-When I travel...it's super easy. Whether its New York...Miami...or some rural village in Italy. There is always fresh grown local produce and/or small farmers. Just walk around. You'll see the outdoor markets....the larger superstores (in larger towns) and the individual vendors. I'm a big fruit guy....so rinsing fruit in bottled water and/or peeling it is fine for me. As for greens and veggies...I would rinse them in a very light bleach solution for a minute before rinsing well and eating. Have fun!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: February 22, 2008 03:50PM

thanks so much!!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 22, 2008 04:18PM

I have "slipped" twice since going all raw Aug 1, 07. The first time I was about 2 months raw and I got hungry one night and had a bag of microwave popcorn that was lurking in my kitchen. I felt bad afterward and the next time the garbage truck came down my street I got rid of all the cooked food. The second slip came at about 4 months raw and I was visiting my brother in another city a long way from home. I had plenty of raw food in my car and I was planning on getting some out but at the last minute I changed my mind and made a conscious decision to eat the cooked meal with him and continue raw after the social occasion had passed. I had no problem going back to raw after the meal but I didn't feel well for the rest of the day and the cooked food didn't taste nearly as good as the vibrant raw foods. I'm not sure if there will ever be another cooked meal in my future and I doubt it but if there is I will look back after the meal and weigh the pros and cons of eating SAD.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables