Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new raw life questions
Date: February 18, 2008 06:56PM

I have been slowly incorporating more and more raw meals into my diet over the past few years and am now ready to make the full conversion! (The only thing holding me back has been the time factor, but I think I have enough tricks up my sleeve now to keep things quick and convenient when necessary)

I would like to know of a good book for making the full transition, something that explains all I need to know to make sure I am eating enough of all the things I need. Also one that has tips on sprouting and such. Any recommendations?

I would also like to ask if anyone knows which beans should NOT be sprouted? I made my mum and I sick with sprouted black turtle beans ! sad smiley Should I not have sprouted turtle beans, or do you think I might have done something wrong?

I am in living in Vancouver, Canada, but will be returning to my other home of London, England for several months - if anyone knows of any good events, communities, restaurants in either area let me know! (I've found a few great cafe's in both cities, but looking for more!)

Thanks so much!
I am very excited about my new RAW LIFE!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new raw life questions
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 18, 2008 07:14PM

The only beans that I think should be sprouted are, lentils, mung, aduki, green peas and sometimes chick peas. This is my opinion. I think all of the larger beans are either toxic or at least not very tasty.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Re: new raw life questions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2008 07:15PM

I was like you with gradual adoption (sometimes 80%, sometimes 100%). Then I discovered "The 80/10/10 Diet" and that has been THE one book for me. Love the simplicity and clarification this information brought.

To get adequate protein in my diet, I've found it easiest to make green smoothies, and would therefore have to also recommend the book "Green For Life." You can also see my reply posting on green smoothies on this forum under "New Vita-mix" topic.

For sprouting, I found Alissa Cohen's book "Living on Raw" informative on that subject. But I don't follow many of her recipes because of the high fat content. You can try to modify them, but I haven't tried.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables