Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A few questions for the gurus
Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: February 19, 2008 03:07PM

Hi Guys,

I am currently raw till dinner. I have noticed that since I increased my raw intake, I am breaking out more. Is this anyway related?

Also, I have taken a taste to raw pine nuts and can keep eating them! Should I limit them or should I keep eating them until I can't stand them?

Also, should I eat "meals" or is it ok to keep eating throughout the day? I like to keep munching on the nuts through out the day.

Lastly, I own a Breville Juice fountain elite. I noticed that if I just juice oranges by themselves, the pulp is still very juicy and the juicing does not seem efficient. Am I doing something wrong, or is it better to buy a citrus juicer separately?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A few questions for the gurus
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 19, 2008 03:21PM

well, i'm no guru but i sure can give you my take on your questions.

breaking out can be a sign of detox and is pretty normal. just keep your skin clean, don't touch your face and drink plenty of fluids and/or eat juicy foods.

eating something that you are craving until you get a taste signal to stop is just fine. craving can be messages about something your body needs.

you can eat meals or "graze" throughout the day if you like, either is fine. there are no "rules" about how and what to eat, it's up to your body what works best for you.

if your juicer spins around inside it isn't made for juicy fruits like citrus but for hard fruits and veg like apples and carrots and such. if you really love citrus juice and drink a lot of it a citrus juicer is a good investment. i found one at the second hand store for under 5$ and i use it on occasion.

Posted by: stoner ()
Date: February 19, 2008 04:06PM

Hey dinish,
When i first went raw my face broke out like crazy. It is a part of detox. My hands also became old looking and i did not look so healthy. Now my face has cleared up and i am looking and feeling great.. The detox sucks but worth it in the end.
For me i found that getting a colonic helped the detox speed up. I rid my body of so many toxins.
I got my first one the other day and that same night i noticed my skin looked much better,
Also try using a natural face cleanser, i use berts bees wax, for me i just feel better knowing i am not adding unnessacary chemicals to my skin. I feel like my skin likes it better too.

"Also, should I eat "meals" or is it ok to keep eating throughout the day? I like to keep munching on the nuts through out the day."

- at the begining of my raw journey i ate tons of nuts. Mainly becasue i was not to sure what to eat and they were filling.
Once i stoped eating nuts and began eating things like guacamole salad and more fruit i felt much better,
I know that nuts are harder to digest than most things so they tend to sit longer in your system.
I now eat about 4-5 times a day..small meals...and i have much more energy. I hardly even buy nuts anymore. Seeds are also good if your looking for that flavor.
hope your journey is blessed

.........living to tell a tale of a life it self........

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 19, 2008 05:26PM

Opinion:

-Breakouts are normal. Once you have reached YOUR raw food goals....I'd wager this clears up. Lower overt fats, pure water, and exercise should also help speed that process....if you are so inclined. You skin is one of the first lines of defense...and a major source of regular detoxification....chemicals on it (and crap under it) can hinder that process.

-Eat the pine nuts if they help you. Just make sure YOU choose the reasonable levels and stick to them.

-It depends on your goals. 2 VERY large meals will facilitate more weight retention. I find that eating 4-6 smaller meals helps me maintain weight and keep a stable blood sugar.

-Get one of those $10 juicers at Walmart or whatever. You'll get maximum juice....with little froth! You can usually also get several cheap ones at your local thrift store for just a couple of bucks.

-Have fun!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: February 19, 2008 06:04PM

Hey! Thanks guys. I appreciate your comments. I shall look into the cheap juicer option.

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 20, 2008 12:16AM

I have broken out from too many nuts. At this point it is probably detox, and lots of nuts are helping you transition (which is good!)...but just wanted to throw that out there for later, in case it continues. But isn't it great to get all that stuff out of you?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables