Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Smoothies
Posted by: brenna ()
Date: February 20, 2008 09:22PM

Just wondering what kind of smoothies everyone drinks. I guess I'm looking for some new ideas.
I make myself a fruit smoothie almost every morning from cherries, strawberries, peaches, mangos and bananas and drink it throughout the day. It's one of the easiest ways I've found to get enough calories in on a raw diet.
Anyone else? Green smoothies ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Smoothies
Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: February 20, 2008 09:27PM

Add some greens to your mix! The ideal is to get 2 bunches of dark leafy greens a day for a balanced diet. With all those other delicious things, I'd add, say 5-6 leaves of kale for example.

Try just blending a whole honeydew melon. It is AMAZING and totally different than eating it just regular.

Try just 12 oz. blueberries and a banana.

This is my "February favorite" 3-5 apricots, water (3-4c approx) and spinach to the top of the blender.

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 20, 2008 09:49PM

Our staple is banana and spinach. No need to add anything else, except maybe a little water.

Posted by: brenna ()
Date: February 20, 2008 09:50PM

I just bought some kale yesterday actually but didn't get up early enough to make a smoothie this morning so I think I will try that tomorrow. Thanks!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 20, 2008 10:10PM

I rather enjoy the water and meat of one young coconut + 2 bananas...

Add pineapple/mango/soaked gojis/or a spoonful of raw cacao!

The banana and coconut make a sweet and gentle base. My stomach doesn't like complicated smoothies, so even the two together will really hit your sweet spot. =)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2008 10:10PM by phantom.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 20, 2008 10:20PM

gosh, i'll throw any dang thing in there. i once drank a red cabbage smoothie! the color was awesome, objectively it tasted terrible, but my body was totally craving whatever it is in red cabbage, i was going through a head a day at the time...

today i've got apple-asian pear-cucumber-cilantro, with a fingerling of turmeric. its pretty yummy.

my standard "base" is spinach/kale - banana - asian pear. i'll toss in pretty much anything that looks good in the fridge: sprouts, zucchini, cucumbers, carrots, guavas, lilikoi, papaya, cherimoya, parsley, ginger, turmeric, cilantro, whatever!

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: February 20, 2008 10:27PM

We use a lot of wild greens, easily available, packed with nutrition, and they grow for free! Dandelion leaves, Quickweed and Black Jack (extremely good sources of calcium), Purslane, Borage, Comfrey, etc.

Greenpower

Visit my website and my blog!

[www.natureshealingsecrets.com] (closed on Sundays)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables