Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

tell me about your Vita-Mix
Posted by: gimpyq ()
Date: February 21, 2008 01:57PM

I want to buy a Vita-Mix, but see that there are several sizes and models available. Can I get by with a 1200, or should I consider a 4500 or even a 5000? What do you think about yours? (If you can share a green smoothie receipe, too, I'd appreciate it!) Thank you, Love, gimpy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tell me about your Vita-Mix
Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: February 21, 2008 02:04PM

I love my vitamix 5000. It's used everyday for tons of different tasks. It is the best money that I have spent in a long time. I never regret having opted or the 5000.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: February 21, 2008 02:16PM

I love my Vita Mix, get the one with a speed control.

I'm having green smoothies every day made with lots of organic romaine, a couple of big juicy oranges and a ripe pear.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 21, 2008 02:25PM

*sigh*
A ripe pear?! oh, my, what I would give.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 21, 2008 02:53PM

Sorry to go off-topic, but has anyone put dried cherries in their Vita-Mix? How does that work out?

Posted by: bostonhill ()
Date: February 21, 2008 05:37PM

I bought a Vita Mix 5000, 6 years ago and LOVE it ~Love it!!!!!!! Get a variable speed control. I use it for everything!!

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 26, 2008 06:00AM

I have had it for so long and I love it, it is my baby.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 26, 2008 07:29AM

I miss my vita-mix. I still have it, but I'm in the midst of the 10 day juice only portion of a cleanse. So it's sitting on top of my counter that used to be a stove, getting jealous of my juicer. I tell her every morning that I still love her and that I miss her dearly. I hope she understands that absence makes the heart and stomach grow fonder. At this moment I am very fond of the idea of pineapple/passionfruit sorbet. Until then, it's green juices for me. Sipping on burdock, turmeric, ginger, lime, green papaya, kale, dandelion green, cilantro and parsley juice for dinner this evening...actually quite an amazing taste.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables