Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Orange Juice Fasting
Posted by: bananablossom ()
Date: February 22, 2008 12:34AM

Has anyone ever done an orange juice fast? I love orange juice, and there is this little market within walking distance from my house and they are selling organic "juice" oranges 6 for $1.00! Is orange juice a healthy way to fast?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Orange Juice Fasting
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 22, 2008 12:52AM

For quite some time, yes. It is a VERY good way to give your digestive system a rest - yes. Have fun! (Oh: and try tangerine too!)

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 22, 2008 03:00AM

If you can get oranges THAT cheap... Seize the day!!

I've orange juice fasted for three days at a time, and my only complaint is that, with my body that is usually cold, and citrus being a "cooling" food, I get very chilly.

But juice fasts are nice to give your digestive system a rest, while still getting some energy, especially if you have to work. tongue sticking out smiley

There are a lot of sites/books with information about specifically orange juice fasting, google should give you lots of hits. =)

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: February 22, 2008 03:58AM

I also do oj fasting, usually 2 days at a time.
They are great.

Enjoy
dave

Posted by: oshinn ()
Date: February 22, 2008 06:07AM

wow, does anyone have a problem with citric acid when they do this? i noticed when i was ill a few weeks back, i drank a TON of orange juice, and my teeth started to hurt and feel like they were eroding, and i started getting heartburn, so my acid intake has to be low. or does the body process the juice differently?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 22, 2008 07:58AM

hi oshinn

i've not experienced heartburn or anything
but i feel that a good way to avoid dental problems if you are going to drink a lot of citric juices is to just sip it through a straw

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 22, 2008 12:14PM

My experience: Fruits (especially citrus) get a pretty bad rap for causing some kind of 'tooth erosion'...or pain. In my experience....this is a cleansing reaction......reacting to previous tooth conditions. It is like eating healthy food....when the body is full of crap/debris/blockages. You might get 'the runs'. Your healthy orange juice did not 'CAUSE' the runs...you know? The pre-existing state of the body did. Does that mean one should discontinue doing healthy things? LOL. Of course not - just intelligently regulate and choose it.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: oshinn ()
Date: February 22, 2008 02:59PM

far out, i'll keep that in mind. i've always noticed that my teeth feel healthier and cleaner after eating an apple than after i've brushed them. smiling smiley

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 22, 2008 04:47PM

Anne has an OJ fast blog. I don't know the address but you can ask her on iheartfruit.com She takes photos of herself and she looks radiant.

Posted by: bananablossom ()
Date: February 22, 2008 07:04PM

Thanks for your input! I am gonna buy a crate of oranges and start tomorrow.

www.puresunfood.blogspot.com

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 22, 2008 11:19PM

Uncle Matt's has simply...

....The Best organic Fedex-ed Florida oranges in the world.

I mean....

....they were even several days fresher than the Uncle Matt's citrus at my local co-op in Wilmington (no offense, Tidal creek - they shipped to me direct!).

Go good, or go home. And, if you go home.....I wish I were there when you got there! ;~)

Love,
Paul

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 23, 2008 03:32AM

So interesting - what you say about the tooth erosion. I was drinking warm lemon water for a bit and "thought" I had to stop because I was so sensitive to it - my teeth were. If I do it again and just continue, will the pain eventually go away? I had an ED so it made perfect sense that my teeth were feeling some pain. What would you recommend David, or anyone?

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 23, 2008 07:56AM

Guess what...your teeth regrow. Just chill....(I don't mean chew ice).....and give it time.

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: February 23, 2008 03:50PM

so it IS possible for receding gums to grow back?
the dentist has always said it was permanent and tried to blame it on brushing too hard.
i have a feeling that harsh toothpastes and SAD greatly contributed to my receding gum line.

i have been an orange loving girl lately!

Date: February 23, 2008 04:46PM

redstar_38 cut a piece of aloe plant and hold the "gel" part between your gumline and cheek for five to ten minutes a day. I healed my receding gums this way as par recommendation from my dentist.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: February 23, 2008 07:33PM

thank you coconut chronicles! sorry for getting off topic : /

Posted by: brome ()
Date: February 23, 2008 10:01PM

Adding grass juice will prevent many problems, as it has the nutrition and healing energies that you can not get from fruit alone.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 24, 2008 12:28AM

I wonder if a wheatgrass (WG) juice and orange juice fast would be good ? Does WG taste OK mixed with orange juice or would it be better to have them seperately, seperated by a little time ?

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 24, 2008 01:40AM

I would def seperate, but that is just my two cents. In fact, I would drink the WG and then the OJ. YUM!

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: February 24, 2008 03:03PM

I know of a non-raw person who regularly drinks orange juice (pasteurized) and adds liquid chlorophyll to it and swears by it. I would imagine that doing the same with all fresh products should be even better.

Wishing you vibrant health

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables