Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Greens to Go
Posted by: oshinn ()
Date: February 22, 2008 06:10PM

Has anyone seen those packets, Greens to Go, that you add to water or juice? What do you think of those? Do they have a legitimate plant base or are they just more chemical vitamins?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Greens to Go
Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: February 22, 2008 07:03PM

I saw the list of ingredients. The good thing is that they are low-temperature processed, but it does not state which temperature. I think it would be wise to confirm with the manufacturer that it is processed at a temperature not higher than 40-43 Celsius (sorry, not used to F).

I am also a bit reluctant to recommend it because it is full of extracts. Extracts are not what the body needs, it wants the whole foods. Whole foods have loads of nutrients which are all working together nicely, and the body likes it that way. Isolated substances, even from plants, are no longer whole foods and actually behave like drugs. They don't have the load of accompanying nutrients which the body needs to process the substances it wants.

Greenpower

Visit my website and my blog!

[www.natureshealingsecrets.com] (closed on Sundays)

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: February 22, 2008 07:46PM

any high quality raw green powder will be exactly the same-- invest if you want to use a green powder

Otherwise enjoy the REAL greens smiling smiley

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 22, 2008 11:17PM

You're probably better off going in your back yard and picking something there, but...if that's all you got, it's probably better than Burger Kind fries.

Small pots on the countertop, my friend. You can't miss.

Love,
Paul

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: oshinn ()
Date: February 22, 2008 11:21PM

I don't have a back yard, but there is a courtyard. It is mostly full of grass and @#$%& however. smiling smiley

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 22, 2008 11:27PM

@#$%& be the best fertilizer. Ask any and every farmer. They pay for it.

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 22, 2008 11:55PM

oshinn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone seen those packets, Greens to Go, that
> you add to water or juice? What do you think of
> those? Do they have a legitimate plant base or
> are they just more chemical vitamins?

I wonder if there is any fiber in the packet food like there is in natural foods ?

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: February 23, 2008 02:02AM

The ingredients list says: Dietary Fiber <1g per serving. Not too much....

Greenpower

Visit my website and my blog!

[www.natureshealingsecrets.com] (closed on Sundays)

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: March 01, 2008 10:30PM

My MIL picked me up some of those Greens to Go (they're from Costco). They're tasty - i'll tell you that - for "fast raw food." They taste like apple.

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 01, 2008 10:41PM

oshinn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone seen those packets, Greens to Go, that
> you add to water or juice? What do you think of
> those? Do they have a legitimate plant base or
> are they just more chemical vitamins?

I prefer to get my nutrients from plant foods that aren't processed.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 01, 2008 11:13PM

Packets, bleh. Reminds me of those tiny compressed meal-in-a-stick thingys that the astronauts used to eat.

I'd much rather have a salad with fresh romaine and other greens. Yum! Fiber rules!

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: March 01, 2008 11:15PM

This is what I found:

Other Ingredients: Natural flavors (plant based), Xylitol, Stevia, SuperSorbâ„¢ (phospholipids), Citric Acid

Xylitol is a five-carbon sugar alcohol that is used as a sugar substitute. Xylitol is a naturally occurring sweetener found in the fibers of many fruits and vegetables, including various berries, corn husks, oats, and mushrooms.[2] It can be extracted from corn fibre,[3] birch, raspberries, plums, and corn. Xylitol is roughly as sweet as sucrose but with only two-thirds the food energy.

Citric acid is a weak organic acid. It is a natural preservative and is also used to add an acidic, or sour, taste to foods and soft drinks. In biochemistry, it is important as an intermediate in the citric acid cycle and therefore occurs in the metabolism of almost all living things. It also serves as an environmentally benign cleaning agent and acts as an antioxidant.

Citric acid exists in a variety of fruits and vegetables, most notably citrus fruits. Lemons and limes have particularly high concentrations of the acid; it can comprise as much as 8% of the dry weight of these fruits.

Theres also Stevia

Seems a lot of filler..sweetners and "Extracts"

I would stick to a high quality green powder or BETTER greens. Green smoothies take 2 minutes to whip up!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables