Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dry Fasting
Posted by: cy ()
Date: February 22, 2008 11:59PM

I just heard about it and it seems better than water fasting. I am doing a 24 hour since 1:30 pm today,and it is 6:55pm and I'm feeling a little headache and some mucus.
Let's see what is going to happen tomorrow,but I would like to ask if anyone have heard or experiment it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dry Fasting
Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 23, 2008 12:07AM

Good luck.

Try eating 3 packets of saltines in two minutes while you're at it.

Then....see what you're made of...

...mostly water....but, not entirely.

Love,
Paul

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 23, 2008 12:37AM

I've done a bit of Dry Fasting. For best results, I'd suggest that you properly prepare your body before you attempt anything over 24 hours. A Liquid Diet combined with Water Fasting should be done first. IMHO.......WY

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 23, 2008 12:50AM

Just for fun, beautiful Wheatgrass,.....

...I'll quote Golda Meir (4th priminister of Israel)

"Don't be humble, your're not that great."

Love,
Paul

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 23, 2008 12:52AM

I'm not familiar with dry fasting. It sounds like a period of time where a person dosn't eat or drink anything. Is that it ?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 23, 2008 01:50AM

Precisely. Opinion: It's NOT a good thing for a beginner to do.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: February 23, 2008 02:05AM

EnlightenmentNow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just for fun, beautiful Wheatgrass,.....
>
> ...I'll quote Golda Meir (4th priminister of
> Israel)
>
> "Don't be humble, your're not that great."

That's good EN. You're right....I still
have a ways to go, but I'm closing the Gap.....WY

Date: February 23, 2008 01:55PM

I feel great!! In fact,The inflammation that I had in my ear is gone.
The only ones here in US that suggests dry fasting are Tonya Zavasta and David Wolfe.You have to have a good health to attempt to do that,and I think I'm not that bad,so I did try it and it worked.(The heathy body can survive 14 days ,but the sick body can die on the first day because of the amout of toxins released into the bloodstream.)

"We are mostly water,but the body has also stagnated water.During a water fast all the toxic deposits are flushed out with the water we drink.
This water must first be processed,which requires the body's energy, in order to penetrate the cell membranes. In dry fasting,there is no water intake and the water that is present in urine,feces,and sweat is metabolic water as an end product of carbohydrates,fat,and protein metabolism. The wastes from inside the cells are flushed out with that metabolic water,which makes elimination process easier."
(Book:Quantum Eatming by Tonya Zavasta)

Date: February 23, 2008 03:29PM

I just ordered the book "Quantum Eating" by Tonya Zavasta. It interested me that she doesn't eat after 2pm. Plus I'd like to read what she says about 'Dry Fasting'. The first Chapter is free at her website. The book was $30 plus $4.60 shipping.
"Never too Old, never too Wise, never too Entrenched to learn another way if your Heart speaks".......WY
P.S. Thanks Cy for starting this Topic.

Date: February 23, 2008 07:00PM

Thank you Wheatgrass Yogi for being so kind and opened !!
I love Tonya Zavasta and I am doing the Quantum Eating style of eating for 2 weeks now.Green juice in the morning,salad and green smoothie for lunch and stop eating at 2 pm.I feel wonderful !!! A lot of dry brushing,and little water as possible.She says that the juices and smoothies have the best water ever inside of it.
Also CR (caloric restriction) is the best way to live longer.

I had a friend 95 year old that told me that.He ate very little.He said that the worse part of living long was that you see your family and friends dying in front of you.

About the dry fasting I did like it a lot.My ear is completly cured with its inflammation.Tonya Zavasta cured her tooth problem with 24 hour dry fasting.
I have to say that it was a little difficult,but it worked for me.

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 24, 2008 01:12AM

Why would you want to fast without water? Just asking, I'd never heard of people doing it. One can obviously live for much longer without food than water, and water is needed for many bodily processes.

Date: February 24, 2008 03:06AM

We can dry fasting for 14 days maximum if we have a good health.There are stagnant water in our bodies,so with dry fasting you eliminate those "bad and stagnated" water through elimination (mucus,feces,urination).You MUST be in good health and also be accostumated to do that,or the best thing to do is to do a 12 hour at the beginning,and than 24 and 36 hours.

Date: February 24, 2008 05:35AM

This is not something I would ever consider doing but I do hope you get the results you are looking for!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Date: February 25, 2008 01:21PM

Thank you TheCoconutChronicles.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables