Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Please give me hope...
Posted by: SandraDee ()
Date: February 23, 2008 03:21PM

I went raw (or very very close) around the beginning of this month. Since then I've lost 11 lbs. I don't feel more energy yet and I'm cooooold. I do live in the north where we are just brushing off the last of winter.

My problem is that the last few days I've actually gained 4 of those lbs back! I do have between 30-40 lbs to lose... I'm in the 150's. (was in the 140's).

In the beginning I was exercising... but last saturday I had a fall on my tailbone and I haven't been able to exercise since then. I'm hoping to before long.

Is this normal? I'm really trying not to get frustrated... but of course, it is. I'm definitely committed to raw here... no worries there... but I'd like to hear from others and get some re-assurance.

I should add that I'm not eating many nuts or dehydrated things.

Thanks,
Sandra

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2008 03:22PM by SandraDee.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please give me hope...
Posted by: cy ()
Date: February 23, 2008 03:36PM

Hi Sandra,at the beginning of my raw journey I ate a lot of cacao,nuts,agave...but now I am having a lot veggie juices ,veggie smoothies,and sometimes fruits.A lot of salads with seaweeds too. The best way is to eat a lot of vegetables,a lot.Veggie soups too. I feel amazing like that.Also I don't eat too late at night and try to sleep with an empt stomach.
If you could do some enemas,or colonics you are going to feel much better also.
I do more stuff like liver cleanse,fast,but at the beginnig it is better to eat and drink veggies and do colonics and enemas.That is my oppinion.

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 23, 2008 04:18PM

Optional answers for you, sweet SandraDee

No matter what, welcome whatever is in the space of your awareness, even if it seems painful. It IS, is it not? No point in running from it.

Be ok with whatever percentage raw you are. You know what you need. If you're ratcheting your way to a better place and find yourself in the McDonald's drive-thru line....love yourself anyway and know you're doing the best you can.

Exercise, sleep, mediation, etc.....will all "normalize" over time for you, meaning you will find your true voice and know what you need to do/be at any point in time.

Never worry about weight - concern yourself with inner feeling, if anything. You can weigh 300 pounds and have a lightness of being that is effervescent, or you could weigh 88 pounds and have the heaviest, most depressed soul on the planet. Weight matters not.

Honor all that is/was/will be....in every way......love and live and then DECIDE for yourself. You can do it.

Love,
Paul

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 23, 2008 05:52PM

A lot of these changes are water weight. I would not stress about it.

Keep eating well and exercise and the real changes will come.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 23, 2008 05:59PM

throw away your scale sandra dee! don't micromanage this process. if anything weigh yourself once a month. the way your clothes fit will tell the true story of how your body is changing... my weight fluctuates 3-4 pounds around my menstral cycle anyway. 11 pounds in 3 weeks is a pretty amazing rate, but even if that is "just" seven pounds of fat, its a lot. (a pound a week is considered a standard weight loss from cleaning up your diet and exercising... you've doubled that!)

go to the produce department and measure out 7 pounds of potatoes, then hold it and look at it and congratulate yourself for ridding your body of that much detrius! you're doing awesome girl!

for me, i think of it more long term... where i will be in a year (i can't wait to compare this july to last july!!!) and where i will be in 10 years... with 98% all newly created cells in my body -- newly created from the building blocks of raw foods. i already feel like a new person, but in 10 years i will literally be a new person.

Date: February 23, 2008 06:19PM

I don't want to scare you....but I gain and lose 10 pounds in a day (mostly water and post meal vs. post workout)....but true nonetheless....and kinda scary.

I gave up on scales long ago

Date: February 23, 2008 06:21PM

BTW mauibutterfly,.....my understanding is that ~98% cell turnover happens every ~ 2 years, or faster.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 23, 2008 08:55PM

I have heard that the bodies cell renewal cycle is completed every 7 years.

Posted by: SandraDee ()
Date: February 23, 2008 08:58PM

According to David Wolfe... 98% of the cells are renewed after two years, and it takes 7 for 100% renewal (I got this info in his book "Beauty"winking smiley

Date: February 23, 2008 11:25PM

FYI, David Wolfe is a nice guy who can be helpful, but he is not God. You are God,....meaning your innermost self....which can manifest through & through....NOW....not in 7 years. No need to wait.

Don't let some spellcaster, be it male/female or whatever tell you anything. You are the truth.

Be willing to be as good as you truly are. I am, and I can tell ya.....it's nice.

Love,
Paul

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 23, 2008 11:46PM

Hi Sandra,

Being cold when first transitioning is part of the process, or at least it was for me. The very first winter on all raw I was cold all the time. What I did was turn up the heat in my place and wear lots of warm clothing. This passes, and the second year I felt the cold much less.

As for the weight loss, it make take some time for your body to get to its ideal weight. Your body is going to prioritize its healing based on the most critical things to its agenda, not taking into account your agenda. So be patient, as your body will achieve its ideal weight if you remain raw long enough.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: February 24, 2008 12:15AM

Regarding feeling cold,I did not handle it as well as now, after making dietary changes. Living in a predominantly warm climate, I wasn't too fond of the relatively few cold days. However, now when it does get cold or when I travel to colder areas, it's a breeze to handle it and I actually enjoy the weather change.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 24, 2008 02:23AM

You know what's strange is that I am now warmer usually than I used to be as a cooked&raw person. And it's cold here right now!!!! yawning smiley

I do drink tea sometimes, so that helps some. But I feel like my resting temperature is higher.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 25, 2008 03:43AM

I got a little spaceheater for my bedroom, and will put a blanket at the door to keep the heat in when I get the freezies. There are some nights I have to take a sleeping bag to the couch with me when people are over and we're all chillin'. tongue sticking out smiley

THEN, other days, my energy is so high, I run around the apartment in a tank top in February at full speed.

For me, it seems like I'm coldest when I'm detoxing... it's like my body wants to be warmer to sweat the nasty stuff out. I've heard it normalizes over time (a few years).

Date: February 26, 2008 03:28AM

So I am fairly new at the bulletin board adventure...I would like to post some photos..of food, and such...maybe whatever? Umnnghg ? Howd'ja do it? Thanks WW

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 26, 2008 07:43AM

Hi dopeless,

Check out the first thread in this forum called "formatting your posts" for all the information you will need to post photos and do all kinds of cool formatting and links.

And I must say that you have one of the best screen names of all time! I love it!!!
Absolutely perfect!

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:51AM

Get used to the cold. You would be cold even if you were a cooked food eater and skinny. Its part of losing all the fat.

LOL/ I live in Miami and offices are freezing to me, I bring a blanket to work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables