Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dental abscess
Posted by: geneticpromise ()
Date: May 25, 2006 04:07PM

Hey, all,

I've just identified a dental abscess with rsulting (enzyme-from-the-abscess) bone loss. The baack of my wisdom tooth on the bottom. The DMD tried to get me to take antibiotics, possible extrraction. I have had no other problem with teeth - in fact much healthier since going raw. He thought it was likely a little seed that got jammed in there and caused an abscess.

Any ideas on natural healing? He's trying to get me scared of heart problems from the abscess.

And yes, it still hurts, but less than two days ago. He thinks it peaked two days ago.

My body is trying to fight the problem - nicely swollen glands, sinus involvement. My body is kicking in. i TRY TO BE ALWAYS POSITIVE.

aNY THOUGHTS OR EXPERIENCES?

i'D GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

Fondly,

geneticpromise

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dental abscess
Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: May 25, 2006 05:30PM

Have you tried homeopathy? Works wonders for me.
Good Luck A

Anna

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 25, 2006 07:26PM

Opinion:

-There is LONG term health....and there is crisis. If you are in a 'crisis' in your mind / body....then you must address this first off.

-It is great that you are doing the research....trying to find alternative methods.

On the practical side:

-In the short term, you can rinse your mouth with salt....drink lemon water...fast....and meditate with presence and love and acceptance into the pain. This will help you with your symptomology and pain - to a certain degree.

-If your pain persists beyond a few days.......then you should seek whatever sources are going to help you in the long term...perhaps even having the tooth removed by a professional dentist.

-The bacterial action that causes tooth decay...is caused by beneficial bacteria that are feeding on the poor foods we put in our mouths.

-I am not an advocate of health professionals......except to get through a crisis.

-These are just my opinions,

-David Mason

Posted by: nik ()
Date: May 25, 2006 07:55PM

You can try natural anti-biotics. Get some olive leaf and wild oregano at your health food store and take those. And get some wild oregano oil and put it directly on the problem areas in your mouth, brush with it etc. You can also put a crushed clove of garlic in the back of your mouth where the problem area is and leave it there for a few hours.

Also look into getting an enzyme supplement called Serrapeptase. It digests dead tissue and inflamation like cysts etc.

"Serrapeptase digests dead tissue, blood clots, cysts, and arterial plaque. The late German physician Dr. Hans Nieper, used serrapeptase to treat arterial blockage in his coronary patients. Clinical studies show that serrapeptase induces fibrinolytic, anti-inflammatory and anti-edemic (prevents swelling and fluid retention) activity in a number of tissues, and that its anti-inflammatory effects are superior to other proteolytic enzymes(12). Besides reducing inflammation, one of serrapeptase's most profound benefits is reduction of pain, due to its ability to block the release of pain-inducing amines from inflamed tissues(13) Physicians throughout Europe and Asia have recognized the anti-inflammatory and pain-blocking benefits of this naturally occurring substance and are using it in treatment as an alternative to salicylates, ibuprofen, and other NSAIDs(14)."

[www.serrapeptase.info]

"Question: Is Serrapeptase effective for periodontal disease and gum abscesses?

Answer: Absolutely.

1. Chew very slowly, Serrapeptase tablets, 3 per day. (To clear the abscess.)

2. Take 2 ProdohilusFOS (such as Geneflora) capsules twice per day (open capsules and mix contents with natural yogurt or mashed veggies). Chew slowly (to stop mouth infections).

3. Take 2 Q-Gel capsules (A patented, hydrosoluble form of CoQ10 available at most Health Food Stores) daily with food. (to recover healthy gums).

The recovery should take about 2-4 weeks."

It's also an ingredient in Vitalzyme, or you can get it on it's own for much cheaper online.

[www.google.com]

Date: May 26, 2006 05:13PM

Hi, all -

Thanks so much for replying.

No I haven't yet tried homeopathy, although my MD suggested silicea yesterday. I might give that a go.

All the other suggestions sound great, too. Natural antibiotic, rinsing. My mouth feels best when I have water in it.....

Still lots of pain, going on four days, which scares me but I'm gtrying to trust my body. I've healed so much on raw...I'm thinking of this as a powerful detox, with the need to rebuild bone there. As I've gained an inch in height since being raw, I belive my bones will regrow. Just need to take good care.

I've been letting short fasts happen, too. The pain happens when I eat. And after I floss....My head hurts, too. It comes and goes. I need to rest, trust, listen.

But it's all hard to do.

If I'd don't what the "professionals" had wanted me to do years ago, in view of my tumors, etc., I'd have very few internal organs left over!

Trust trust trust.

Love to you all and thanks!

geneticpromise

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: May 28, 2006 10:07PM

I had been suffering with a dental abcess last week, and went to the dentist. it is from a root canal I had 5 years ago. The pain and swelling was awful!!!! I did take the antibiotics, prednisone, and pain meds as directed, and I am good now. i do hate taking those conventional meds, but if the infection gets into your bloodstream, you can die. I did try some natural healing--salt water rinse, oil of clove on it, tea bag on it. next time i would try garlic and ginger directly on it. I have to go through another root canal on Tues. Good luck Jan

Date: May 31, 2006 05:02PM

Hi, everyone -

Thanks to all for your support. Just an update....I'm coming out the other side of this awful pain and infection. It's ten days and I just laid low, rinsed with warm water, nibbled on garlic clove a bit, got a little chopper and ate minsed food for a few days, cried, and trusted my raw food life to get me through. I'm still a bit in pain, but the thing is defintely draining and less horrible. Ugh!

But I've healed from so many things.....And my MD supprted my staying off anitibiotic because I'm very healthy.

The root is fine, the tooth is fine, now I just need to support bone health in my mouth.

I'm feeling quite good about this and thanks to the community.

GP

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 17, 2006 06:35AM

I have a Fantastic 90 min AUDIO CD TITLED RAW AND DENTAL HEALTH, by Dr. Jameth Sheridan from the 2004 Raw foods Festival in portland, OR. Amazing CD that explains everything you ever wanted to know about Vegan Raw Diet and Dental health and the Most Natural and Effective methods of taking great care of your teeth and gums ! write me at DJ7510@AOL.COM

Dave

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables