Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pine Nuts
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:04PM

It's strange - most nuts are labeled as roasted or raw, but I haven't found a descriptor for pine nuts in the ones I've gotten, even from health food stores. Are raw ones available? Is it assume they're raw or something?

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pine Nuts
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:08PM

If you can get em to sprout into a little plant - you know for sure. If you can't - you will NEVER know for sure...unless you harvested them yourself...or SAW them harvested yourself. You know? We choose the best options we know. In my own experience, 95% of nuts are not very fresh or vital....or are just downright cooked/dried into relative...umm....badness. winking smiley So after many years of eating all raw...I eschewed nuts. It's worked out well for me. Just my experiences and opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:20PM

I noticed the ones I have are floating....NOT a good sign.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: February 25, 2008 08:11AM

Mine haven't sprout yet, been 2 days.
i guess they aren't raw either.

darn!
they taste good!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 25, 2008 11:44AM

LOL. Remember: Can't get hung up on the word 'raw'. It can be disappointing to find out that something that you thought was healthy might not be optimal. But what makes a life WORK.....and succeed....is making conscious, voluntary DECISIONS. As long as YOU do the research...and YOU are pursuing what YOU think are the highest foods....you'll reap all the benefits. These are just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: stoner ()
Date: February 25, 2008 04:59PM

At whole foods they have two differnt kinds,..One is conventional and one is orgic raw.
I get the raw ones of course! but i am going to check to see if they sprout

.........living to tell a tale of a life it self........

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 26, 2008 05:22AM

I DID NOT THINK PINE NUTS ARE ABLE TO SPROUT. YOU NEED TO BUY THEM UNMILLED WITH BROWN SHELL intact OR SOMETHING AND THEN YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE NOT OLD.

sOMETHING LIKE THAT IT WAS LONG AGO I READ SOMEONE'S EXPERIMENTS WITH THAT. HAVE NOT TESTED IT OUT MYSELF. But one can try, would they grow a tail?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2008 05:24AM by suvine.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 26, 2008 07:14AM

I have a kilo of raw, in the shell pine nuts, but it is so hard to shell them and still keep any of the nuts. I guess that's a perfect way to limit my intake because i get frustrated after a dozen or so.

Anyone here had success shelling pine nuts?

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables