Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cleansing
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: February 25, 2008 06:01AM

i just have a question, i always wanted to buy a colon cleansing product and have all those stuck past eatin products come out and be free of them. i wonder if i just ate raw and the cleansing would happen naturally.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cleansing
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 25, 2008 06:12AM

yes, i believe if you eat raw that the cleansing will just happen naturally, over time. that said, i also believe if you are attracted to a certain cleansing protocol, if it just sort of feels like you're in the flow and not forcing anything, then maybe that is what you are supposed to do.

i did a master cleanse prior to starting raw foods, and it was effortless for me, because i was totally in the flow with it. it felt absolutely right to start it, and absolutely right the whole time i was doing it. i have been eating raw for 7+ months now, and i am sure i have a lot more cleansing to do, and i have thought about doing another master cleanse or some other kind. but when i check in with my body and my intuition, i feel like my body wants me to just stay the course and do the rest of this gently, over the course of however long, and not force things. i am glad i did the cleanse i did, i think i needed something pretty radical at the time and i think it got me to the critical point where raw foods would also be easy for me to stick with. basically my advice is to go deeply within and ask your body/intuition the question about any cleanse you think about undertaking.

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: February 25, 2008 06:23AM

This is where I'm at, too. It's really important to me to be cleansed and detoxified. I know I didn't get into a toxic state overnight and it won't go away overnight either, but if it's possible to find a program that will get me through the most (and worst) of it in two to three weeks, I'd absolutely do it, no matter how much suffering I had to endure.

I just can't stand to think of all the garbage inside my body! I tried the Master Cleanse several times but just couldn't do it. After only a few hours, the headaches were killer. I would have suffered through it, but it's impossible when you have to go to work.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 25, 2008 11:45AM

Yes - in my opinion. In any event, TRY it for 6-12 months of a gradual change....toward YOUR goals.....making VERY SMALL GOALS with timetables....and see how it goes!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 25, 2008 11:58AM

I favor the natural approach using high fiber foods to whisk out the pipes. Its going to be a lot slower but IMO it will get the job done. I like to eat plenty of whole natural foods for the fiber and I also like to blend and juice for the available nutrients. If I had to pick between eating whole foods, blending, and juicing I would pick eating the whole foods for sure because of the fiber and that the body is made to process food in its whole form. My favorite high fiber food to munch on as a snack is the carrot. The carrot has a nice taste and its got the kind of fiber that I think does a good job of whisking. I try to chew several carrots every day in their whole form for the fabulous fiber they provide. When ever I feel myself starting to detox I make a conscious effort to increase my fiber intake and my water intake to help move out the toxins as fast as possible. I think its important to get the daily fiber habit for the health of it.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 25, 2008 04:58PM

I did the Master Cleanse for ten days a while back and had some space alien eliminations.

Since I've been raw, I haven't done ANYTHING to my bowels (I think my body is happier that way!) besides eat lots of fiber, and around 6 weeks into being raw, I started getting identical eliminations to what I was having on the MC.

Now, however, the changes to my diet and lifestyle are permanent, so anything that moved out on the raw is out for good. Things will happen naturally in time. There is really no need to suffer. =)

I also read that a lot of enemas/colon therapies have a risk of pushing toxic debris back INTO the small intestine, rather than actually getting rid of it--and the "clean feeling" people get is just all the toxins starting to move around their body again, kind of like getting "energy" from caffeine. Personally, I'd rather do something slower but surefire without that risk.

Posted by: stoner ()
Date: February 25, 2008 05:06PM

I Got a colonic about a week ago. It was my first one and i have to say..it was great.
During my detox my face has broken out like crazy...after my colonic it is much more clear and i have not had a break out since. I have a lot more energy. I think it just speeds up to process. It flushes your colon with pure water and rids everything inside. I loved the feeling i felt after the second one.

.........living to tell a tale of a life it self........

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 25, 2008 08:34PM

My colonic was like when I started taking flax seed---except with the flax it was a lot cheaper and I could do it everyday! So I was underwhelmed by what came out, even though it was a lot.

Date: February 25, 2008 08:52PM

I've just realized I'm a wimp. Hello, my name is Keith and I'm a wimp. And I'm okay with that.

I'm all for being cleansed. I would love for my colon to pass the white glove test. But, getting a colonic freaks me out! First of all, there will be no entering where the sign says exit. Secondly, I don't look back once I eliminate. I'm just not that sentimental. I don't care what comes out as long as it does. I don't care about color, texture, size, floatability or any gold nuggets I might have swallowed.

With a colonic, doesn't it all come out a tube and get examined by someone? WHO WANTS THAT JOB? Parasites and worms? I do NOT need to see that!

It probably has to do with the time I was in college and saw a little old lady come into the doctor's office with a brown sack. At the reception counter, she pulled out a mayonnaise jar (minus the label) with her sample in it. I promptly threw up and have had an aversion to this ever since.

I praise every single one of you brave, open-minded, cleansed, non-wimps. You have my admiration.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 25, 2008 08:59PM

> ...I don't look back once I eliminate. I'm
> just not that sentimental.

LOL.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 25, 2008 09:29PM

Simple Living Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With a colonic, doesn't it all come out a tube and
> get examined by someone? WHO WANTS THAT JOB?
> Parasites and worms? I do NOT need to see that!

I guess thats why a colonic is so expensive.
LOL

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 25, 2008 09:58PM

I just had a colonic last Friday...with a side of wheatgrass juice!

It doesn't really "come out" a tube to be examined, but it does pass through a glass tube in a little window on the device so that you can examine it as it floats by. Although some people might find this gross, it can also be quite informative. If you are not chewing your food enough, you will know it! I also find it interesting to take a glance into the toilet... not poking around mind you, but a quick glance can give you an idea about the transit time of your digestion which can give you a picture of your metabolic rate. i guess i'm more inquisitive than squeamish. Also, a quick glance into the bowl, may give you a heads up to some serious digestive issues, i.e. blood in your stool etc.

my colono-therapist gave some great info about chewing ones food:
First, every time you take a bite, put your fork/spoon/chopsticks down. This prevents your fork from becoming a speedy conveyor belt and teaches you to slow down. Take the bite of food and put it between your cheek and teeth and slowly draw out little bits to chew and mix with saliva. Keep swallowing the excess saliva and get the food to the consistency of loose oatmeal before you swallow it. Remember that our stomach doesn't have teeth, so if you swallow big chunks of food, at best you will only be able to digest the nutrients on the surface. Try not to watch TV, read or do anything else that is distracting while you eat. this can lead you to unconsciously shovel your food down. Let your eating time be a mindful experience. It's a great time to savor the flavors of our fresh raw foods and express gratitude for all of the forces responsible for bringing such delicious nourishment to our bodies.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Date: February 25, 2008 10:43PM

I just had a colonic last Friday...with a side of wheatgrass juice!

Yeah. See, that's just worded so.... wrong! LOL

I applaud the curiosity, Greg, I really do. You're a better man than I am. It's just not gonna happen on my end. I'm way too squeamish. I'll observe it to death going in and I'll chew it until there's nothing to swallow if I need to, but after that, it's yesterday's news. Or, rather, tomorrow's.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 25, 2008 11:37PM

Ah yes, but how can something worded so wrong, feel so right?

I admit, the whole concept is totally amusing.

I'm not a better man than you... just a different man.

"It's just not gonna happen on my end." -Simple Living on the concept of colonics. I love all of the meanings in that sentence. Too funny.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Date: February 26, 2008 02:43AM

Greg, you crack me up! I've really enjoyed your posts.

I wish I had the fortitude to have a colonic. Maybe I'll make it my goal to have one within one year. I always say a man should stretch himself. (I just didn't think I would do it like that...)

Keith

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 26, 2008 03:26PM

HAHAHA... I do have some of the same aversions!

I did the salt water flush before, because it could be done by mouth, and not with someone else... well... there. But if the curiosity is burning, maybe you should try it once?

It's like that Robert Frost poem, about the two roads that lead to the same place... some are just traveled more than others. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: February 26, 2008 03:37PM

Posted by: phantom (IP Logged)
Date: February 26, 2008 09:26AM

HAHAHA... I do have some of the same aversions!

I did the salt water flush before, because it could be done by mouth, and not with someone else... well... there. But if the curiosity is burning, maybe you should try it once?

I've been thinking very seriously about doing it. I need to get over this squeamishness. I really want to be as healthy as I can be. I want it more than this makes me squeamish, so...

Especially with the thread about parasites and worms. THAT FREAKS ME OUT MORE! When I think of that, I don't care if someone connects a firehose to my bum! Just get those critters out! Anything not paying rent is not welcome!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables