Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Hype and The Help - The Heros and The Hooligans
Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: March 01, 2008 12:37PM

Elnatural.. would you care to give us example .. a SINGLE One of Dr.Graham's SUPPOSED contradictions?

Firstly he does not "make up" ANY rules, these "guidelines are NOT "invented" by him.. this IS how laws of physics, chemistry, and Nature itself(or herself? ;-)
works.

You may not agree, or "be at ease" with how it's set up in here(earth), but the rest of nature already did.. ;-)

Obviously i don't understand(yet) All of physics, and chemistry, as We (humans/scientists) may never fully find out, of how human body works, but that doesn't mean, that I can't get to know simple rules that are visible without chemistry diploma for all to see (Nature's laws, simple physics, chemistry rules likeyawning smileyil does not mix well with water smiling smiley ) and Rip THE Benefits of using that knowledge, From Day ONE, from the minute i start applying the knowledge.And for the rest of My life to enjoy. Every second of it.. :-)

I May not understand, but i won't stop others from ripping benefits, or consequences of any knowledge/system.
All i offer is to question/analyze/clear some of misunderstanding that some people get when trying to grasp all at once..
POSSIBLY Help to prevent some mistakes, share some insights and My own experience, adding to Immense knowledge of All great people in here, For ALL To use, as they choose in their life. /Apply or avoid../
It simply cannot be done/ shouldn't be done, if You ARE going for a Long term effect.
No spikes of either Good, or Bad are good for us/ found in nature.
Do You find lightning/volcano eruption/flood good?
Although the laws and forces governing them are NECESSARY For human/animals/plants to Exist, and function properly.
These/ any spikes are very few and ALL Are negative/deterring to nature/health.

El Natural:
How is it, that the only person of all Listed in your post, that have NOT changed ANYTHING from what he/she recommends for last.. 30 Years or so(+/-) IS Dr.Graham?

Also: He Lives TODAY, in a world NOT 30, 50, 100 200 Years ago..
Proving his "Interpretation of how nature work IS a Valid one.
Not something that worked 100 years ago, He does not take any supplements or drinks wheatgrass/ or any other unnatural for human foods/ or extracted "Sellable Elixirs"

:::::::::::::::
Can any of You folks, doing Wheatgrass/any other supplement feel free to go to a foreign country/ on a backpack trip lasting 2 weeks, or months and not be afraid that your teeth won't withstand chewing through a pound of wheatgrass OR You won't get "All Necessary" minerals, and magical nutrients...dependence on machines,technology,chemistry,unnatural cures/ones,that you cannot do out in nature,Is.. Unnatural.:-)
..that's nonsense to ME, and that's also My OPINION.
I Don't use them nor recommend. Quicker is NOT Better; long term.
I know that in computer games, you can go quick, make mistakes, and start all over MANY TIMES..
but that won't go forever.. playing to much on computer/working will destroy Your eyes eventualy, when you will forget to keep ALL THINGS IN LIFE, IN BALANCE, Harmony. Work / Play, Emotional / physical, Family / Friends,

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR< AND TAKE A 5 MINUTE BREAK TO DO A COUPLE OF EXERCISES FOR YOURSELF. Your Eyes WILL Thank you for the rest OF YOUR LIFE FOR IT :-)))

/ OR:

HAVE YOU DONE YOUR 5 MINUTE WORKOUT TODAY ?

5 MINUTE EXERCISE EVERY HOUR OF SITTING/WORK ;-)

............Signed sincerely Yours: All living cells of Your body

:-)

The Best Thing IS that You Get to choose that balance FOR YOURSELF.
Now, don't go wasting Your life, making unhealthy choices.
Give Yourself a lots of time, understanding that No one is Unmistakable, Mistakes are for a reason: Reason:It is a TOOL so we can LEARN from, NOT To Beat up Yourself with..
..and: LEARN From mistakes.. Not ONLY YOUR ONES. You can save Yourself a couple of "lifetimes" in a game called Life, YOUR LIFE. credit remains 1 :-)
:::::::::::::::

..YET He looks Healthy/vibrant, full of energy, and positive attitude, anywhere i spot him(like Panel of RAW GURUS (with David Wolfe, and Brian),
where you could clearly see who HAS IT, and who looks like got it.. some time ago.

If i would want to be healthy happy, fit, strong, .. would i follow someone that is weak,lacks energy? Someone, that is nervous/ hyper; With to much weight on/ to little?
Or rather "a guy in the middle, well balanced, fit, calm, knowledgeable, not contradicting Any of his recommendations, and actions for.. 30 years..

Look how many times had D.Wolfe, or Brian Clement changed their recommendations/depending on their source..still changes, still evolves as SAD Scientists discover new hype/dangers of whatever they already have counter remedy for..
No, but Thanks, those recommendations remind me to much of a SAD World doctors,structures recommending cooked food, so They can keep curing You out of inevitable consequences of food rotting in bowels. Simple? YES :-|, smiling smiley

Now, to me if someone has NOT changed any recommendation, and it STILL Works, and even better every moment, the longer You do the better. "maybe.." He(Dr.Graham) simply chose BETTER SOURCE, That Did not changed, As Rapidly, as Opinions of Other "leaders"
As Simple as that. Nature Evolves, but it does NOT Change any of it's LAWS. As far as I Know no physic law had changed since beginning of the universe.. Only OUR UNDERSTANDING Of the processes that had been, and will be going on Long after we'll be gone REGARDLESS of how We choose to call them, and if they make us wanna scream :-) (I wonder how much did the apple falling from a tree, hurt Mr. Newton for him to "discover"(or rather observe, and give a name to) Gravitation ;-)

You choose for yourself .
But Please provide us with any example of scientific contradictions in what Dr. D. Graham does that You find
I Find One canNOT make no contradictions if He is not creating any laws of physics.
As far as I Know He has no power or influence over the way Your/any/human body digests an apple, or a Banana.. ;-)

I Look at Him as THE Messenger..That makes Childishly easy for us to understand most complicated chemistry going inside of human body.
And he gives "Guidelines", or rather "Knowledge", informations how stuff works, so You choose for yourself what will work for You, and what works for Your body.

We may not Like the message that we hear, it may annoy us, but killing messenger does NOT solve ANY Problem, rather creates one more ;-)

For me personally, information about a disease is a GOOD News.. Gives you time to react before "it" will get You..
"It" "are": consequences of your choices, actions /what You have been taught to think,etc.

I Think We Can Learn a lot from somebody living Healthfully for a VERY Long time, having All Raw Health, Healthy child and being married to healthy,Raw,smart Wife, Following NOT Some made up Unnatural,made up system, but NATURES very own guidelines, that He cared to put together, and share his VERY Scientific, and no compromise/no contradiction books, lectures, insights, observations.

All We need to do is:
* listen to the end
* ask questions
* "Pick All of the Ripe Fruits of someone else's work, the Ones looking good TO US.
* try to understand.. instead of all screaming and being all unspecific, and judgmental/ based on emotions rather than specific,precise examples.

I prefer NOT to leave my Health to chances. that is ANY Chances.

lastly Old Chinese proverb(some may know it form someones' signature in here):
"Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt person doing it."

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: March 02, 2008 01:09PM

Witarianin,

Not saying that I agree with Elanatural ... not saying that I disagree either. I think that if you stuck to answering the original questions posted rather than trying to champion Doug Graham it would be more appropriate. I think Elnatural was answering the question posed. It's Elnatural's opinion.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: March 02, 2008 01:40PM

In your experience:

1. What's the biggest hype/lie about eating living and raw foods? (Other than the protein misnomer.)

The whole enlightenment tag that's supposed to come with the process. I guess what I mean is that you become some super in touch with the universe spiritual person. I think that it can really turn some people off. It did for me when I first started. The first book I read was Sunfood Success System by David Wolfe. It was kind of hokey.

2. What have you found to be many newbie's biggest mistakes about adopting this lifestyle?

Trying to be too gourmet. I can't stand waiting 36 hours for a meal to come out of a dehydrator. Eat a salad.

3. What's something you think newbies think too much about?

Is all fruit right? Is all greens right? BALANCE ... nutrients come from various sources.

4. What are your top three recommended resources? (Of any kind: book, product, food, website etc.,)

Don't have any real three. Read everything. Take it with a grain of salt. Do what feels right. Try and get an array of nutrients from various sources.

5. If you could give only one piece of advice to newbies, what would it be?

See above.

6. Who is/are your living and raw food heros/mentors? Why?

See above the above.

7. Who do you think is just a media hooligan, whose advice scares you? Why?

David Wolfe, Shazzie, Kate magic who drinks her own pee. There are others but it's mostly people with a lot of crap they are trying to sell.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 03, 2008 01:22AM

1. What's the biggest hype/lie about eating living and raw foods? (Other than the protein misnomer.)

dehydrators. you certainly don't need one and i'm pretty sure they are darn unhealthy to boot.

2. What have you found to be many newbie's biggest mistakes about adopting this lifestyle?

pushing themselves way too hard and judging themselves on everything they Haven't done instead of focusing on everything they Have accomplished.

3. What's something you think newbies think too much about?

i think a lot of people look outside of themselves for answers about what is right for them. your own body will give you terrific answers, you just have to learn how to hear them.

4. What are your top three recommended resources? (Of any kind: book, product, food, website etc.,)

prescription for nutritional healing.
fitday.com or another nutrition tracking website (this can help confirm that you ARE in fact getting everything you need).
certainly this website.

5. If you could give only one piece of advice to newbies, what would it be?

whatever you focus your attention and energy on will grow bigger and stronger so focus on what you ARE doing, all the positives. be gentle and loving with yourself, as much so as if you were dealing with a cherished friend. go as quickly or as slowly as You need to go. listen to your body.

6. Who is/are your living and raw food heros/mentors? Why?

brian clement is an amazing man. not the best speaker but very, very knowledgable.
viktorus is a firey passionate speaker, so much energy and vibrancy!
gabriel cousins is a bit flaky but his books are packed with tremendous info and are a really great resource.
steve meyerowitz aka sproutman writes such nice books, very encouraging and gentle.
the boutenko kids, excellent role models for young kids, my son is enjoying their book.

7. Who do you think is just a media hooligan, whose advice scares you? Why?

juliano, while an intersting character, promotes all of that heavy, poorly combined gourmet food. the dope and liquor aren't really all that terrific either but hey, just goes to show that partiers can eat kinda health too.
shazzie, all those "super foods" and over stimulation, can't be good for your body in the end. and so much caffeine while preggo and nursing, not good.
david wolf, the rock star of raw. i'm pretty sure he doesn't practice what he preaches and he flip flops on stuff all the time. not that changing your mind to suit new evidence isn't a good thing, it is. he's just all about the hype and making money off of it in the moment though.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables