Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Water Filters
Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 27, 2008 03:10AM

What are people using for filters? I need to buy a new one and was looking at a counter top filter. Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water Filters
Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: February 27, 2008 02:18PM

I bought a crystal quest pitcher water filter. I started using it yesterday. Have read great reviews about it. Not very expensive and looks cool. You might want to try it.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 27, 2008 10:54PM

Here is an excellent link:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Also:

[www.metaefficient.com]

And for shower filters:

[www.metaefficient.com]

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:16AM

Veganlife, I just checked out those sites, and this one looks so much easier to live with.

[www.stefaniterracotta.com]

I just wonder if it would clean the water as well as Aquasana. We just bought an Aquasana. It's okay, but always leaks.

We had a water distiller for years, until the ants made it into a ant farm. I may go that route, again.

This one looks good, tho expensive.

[doultonusa.com]

None of the filters ever say that they remove the pharmacutical medicine that is in our water systems, because people flush pills and medicine down their drains. I would like proof of one that does that.

I'm researching it tonight.

Oh, and the doultonusa water filter has silver in it. I would not want to turn silver or blue like the one man did, who uses liquid silver. I wonder if there is proof this cannot happen.

I just think a water distiller is the best, dispite the quandary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 02:23AM by Rawrrr!.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:49AM

I have both a water filter system and a water distiller.
The water filter is under my sink and has a small faucet on the sink it also feeds my automatic distiller via a small plumbing feed line to get as much junk out of the water as possible before distilling it (saves effort by not having to clean the distiller as often).
I like clean pure water without any thing in it but H2O. Good water tastes so good. smiling smiley

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 28, 2008 12:49PM

Rawrrr! I bought an Aquasana a while ago and it broke after I installed the second set of filters. If its new, them it should not leak. I think that you should contact the company you bought it from and talk to them about the problem. Aquasana filters have excelent filtration, but they are made to break. My filter cracked around the base. Many reviews on amazon.com complained about the same problem. I think one guy said that if you buy direct from the company with the filter replacement program, they'll send you a new filter casing if it breaks. I did not confirm though as I am never buying an Aquasana again.

I have no idea of the filtration efficacy of trickle filters. Perhaps if you contact the company, they can email you one of those charts that tell you what the filter removes and in what quantities?

As far as silver ions go, I am sure that the amount that they use in filters is way too small to affect you in any way. The people who turn gray from ingesting too much silver, usually ingest many grams worth. I remember reading about it on wired.com. Here's a link:

[www.wired.com]

I could have sworn they had a longer article also but I cannot find it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 12:50PM by VeganLife.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 29, 2008 01:51AM

I thought distilled water robbed your body of minerals because it doesn't contain minerals....that it can leach them out? Is that a crazy thought? The whole process is so confusing.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 29, 2008 06:11AM

veggiefreak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought distilled water robbed your body of
> minerals because it doesn't contain
> minerals....that it can leach them out? Is that a
> crazy thought? The whole process is so confusing.

I have heard that issue debated before. Both sides agreed that distilling leaves the water "hungry" seeking to pick up junk to make itself filthy or contaminated with impurities and because of that clean water is an effective cleaning agent. The pro side says that the clean water goes into the body and picks up stay junk that is loose like the stuff between the cells but that minerals and anything else that has been incorporated into a living cell and is a part of that cells structure stays in that cell. The con side agrees that the "hungry" water picks up all the loose stuff that isn't attached to anything but also invades the cells walls and cleans out everything inside the cells including anything and everything that is a part of the cells structure. I side with the pro distilling group that believes that once a cell has Incorporated elements into itself the elements are a part of the cell and are there inside the cell to stay until the cell itself pushes them out and that the clean water does not violate the cell walls and empty out the cells of there structural contents. Everyone has to make their own decision about what clean water will do in their bodies in terms of cleaning out the unwanted junk in the body and also in terms of the effect on the parts that are a living part of their body's structure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2008 06:23AM by EZ rider.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables