Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

FitDay comment
Posted by: frances ()
Date: February 27, 2008 11:13PM

FitDay.com has come up a lot in discussions lately, and I want to make a quick comment about the free online version vs the PC application. I don't want to discourage anyone from using the online version, which is pretty cool, but the PC version has a million features, some of which are really great.

The downside of the PC version is that it doesn't integrate with the online version, so if you don't have yours with you you can't update it. I carry mine on a USB memory key on my keyring.

I took screenshots of several of the PCs versions features that I find valuable: [www.flickr.com]
Take a look!

Other features I don't often include:
* weight management planning - The program will calculate your daily calories burned based on your size, general stated activity level, and other exercise specifically reported. Based on your weight goals it will calculate your target average calorie deficit (or surplus) and chart your daily calories consumed vs. burned.
* behavior tracking - If you report your daily mood (level of happiness, stress, anger, energy, clarity, hunger and health), you can get reports relating these to various nutritional factors (calorie intake, fat intake, iron intake). If you report for each thing you eat various factors (what meal was it, where were you, why did you eat it, who were you with), you can get reports relating these to the same nutritional factors. Conclusions are left to the user, but the idea is to help you to conclusions like "Gosh, I eat a lot of fat when I'm at Bob's house", or "I feel less hungry when I'm getting sufficient iron." This all requires a greater level of regular reporting than I'm prepared for.
* activity reporting - You can report what are you doing, how fast and how far. The program will calculate calories burned to work with the weight management module, but you can also get interesting reports. You can get distance traveled reports for a specific athletic activity or all of them combined. If your speed is slowing as you are adding overall distance, these reports can show it. If you report each time you go out, of course.
* body log - You can log chart various body dimensions over time. Good if you're trying to beef up or make sure that the weight you're losing is off the waist - not the arms.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FitDay comment
Date: February 28, 2008 01:58AM

Thank you so much for all that info frances[/b... I had been considering buying the PC version but they don't have that much info about it on the site so this is all very good to know!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:56AM

cron-o-meter is free, and has most if not all of that stuff as well and other things too, like individual amino and fatty acids. I haven't checked the most recent version though.

If you want it it's here:
[spaz.ca]

You need Java to use it, though, which is also free but a big download that takes time for dial up folks.
[www.java.com]

Posted by: frances ()
Date: February 28, 2008 04:07AM

Looking at my original post I realize I wasn't clear. The features I find really valuable I posted on Flikr. The features I find neat but don't really use, I listed here (above). Features I haven't really explored (mostly more reporting tools) I omitted completely.

arugula- I took a quick glance at your cron-o-meter link and it does look really promising. The online information is pretty sparse, though. If you or another user could add more details about the program's function and capability that would be great!

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: February 28, 2008 04:17AM

How does FitDay differ from nutritiondata.com?

maui_butterfly has really convinced me of the usefulness of nutritiondata.com.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: February 28, 2008 01:19PM

my fitday / nutritiondata review here: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

also, i have to turn around and give credit to arugula, whose postings about nutritiondata prompted me to give it a whirl. two days in and i've already learned some pretty valuable stuff! thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables