Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

detoxing dreams?
Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: March 03, 2008 07:47AM

Can dreams be a way of detoxing?
Let me explain if I can ...
When I was younger I had an experience which I would describe as 'grief'. At around that time I began drinking 12 litres a day including up to 4L of juice and the rest water. I have done that ever since, drinking that much every 24 hours. (no juice since raw, just water and I'm down to 8L a day now)
Now I am trying to cure my body on raw and with supplements from my naturopath -herbs etc. Anyway, I've been having all these dreams over the past couple of weeks about the 2 people involved in my 'grief' experience. These dreams are so real, the emotion is sooo real, even into the day.
I understand that emotions, that you can't let go of, can make us sick and I'm wondering if my body is bringing up all these emotions again as part of the detox process. I've woken up in the night after these dreams, sooo thirsty for juice so I've eat oranges and oranges and oranges. Last night I even dreamed about being thirsty for juice while I was dreaming abut these 2 people.
All these emotions are so real, can raw food cure this past 'grief'? I feel I need a 'cure' from this experience to cure my drinking, but I haven't known what I can do to get past my experience.
What are your thoughts on all this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: detoxing dreams?
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 03, 2008 12:39PM

Grayzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All these emotions are so real, can raw food cure
> this past 'grief'? I feel I need a 'cure' from
> this experience to cure my drinking, but I haven't
> known what I can do to get past my experience.

while i don't think raw food can "cure" deep-seated emotional issues, it can bring them to the surface when we are physically healthy and have enough energy to deal with them, and also have a state of mind that is clearer and an outlook that is more positive. at least this is what i have found.

"the work" of byron katie has been an extremely powerful emotional healing tool in my own life, and i have seen it work for others as well. i don't know what your grief experience is exactly, but if you are carrying around any stressful or painful thoughts about how things should have been different then they were, those thoughts can be simply yet deeply inquired into. and as a result they will let go of you. [www.thework.com]

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 03, 2008 07:46PM

Hi Grayzie,

I agree with maui_butterfly. Raw food can't cure emotional or mental issues, but for me, it did take away all of the dietary distractions that seemed to help keep those issues buried inside. When I was able to eliminate all of the SAD comfort foods that I used to eat with the intention of deadening the emotional pain, I was left with just me and my "pain". It can be frightening, which is why i think so many people avoid dealing with their issues, but dealing with them is very liberating. So much SAD food keeps our bodies tied up dealing with toxins... I think our emotional toxins get buried deep in there too. Raw food provides a completely different feeling of lightness that I think it's natural to start revisiting our old hurt. Maybe it's our body saying "hey, you seem to be on the right path now... you seem to be in a place of nurturing your own healing... how about we take a new look at some old stuff and see if we can make our peace and release that old junk with the rest of the toxic sludge"

I'm always amazed at how powerfully self-healing our bodies can be when nourish them.

Hugs and healing thoughts to you!

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 03, 2008 09:03PM

Maui must be a very wise place to live. I'm packing my bags!

Seriously, I agree with Greg and Butterfly. Being raw turns out to mean more than just eating raw. When the comfort foods are gone, it leaves the raw emotions that caused us to eat out there and they need to be dealt with.

There's something else we can tell the SAD people who give us a hard time! Going raw isn't for wimps!! yawning smiley)

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 03, 2008 09:12PM

Grayzie:

My opinion is that you are exactly right. Eating well can allow the body to bring up physical, emotional, thought and spiritual blockages for healing. The key is to bring awareness, consciousness, spaciousness, love, friendliness, acceptance and PRESENCE to these emotions.

-There is even a theory that traumatic emotional moments are stored permanently as a form of 'brain damage' and need to be healed...in a physical sense to remove these items or 'deprogram' them from the neural network of connections.

-For my own part, it is/was very necessary to really sit with my emotions. To say: I may not approve of them, but it's OK to have them...and I'm listening to them....even while passionately pursuing my goals.

-Eating well is a great step. Keep it up.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: March 03, 2008 10:01PM

interesting responses, thankyou.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 04, 2008 04:39PM

Dreams can definitely bring emotions to the surface. If you are having them frequently, I'd suggest a dream journal. I started a blog just to keep track of the explosive dreams I've been having lately, which include but are not limited to a lot of issues I never finished dealing with in the past. They do seem to be tying up loose ends, or a manifestation of my mind tying the loose ends for me.

Between eating raw, not binging, and not eating so late, my sleep feels much deeper and more complete now, which is why I suspect I'm "dreaming more." I started adding some flax to my diet for omega-3s, and now I sleep like a baby!

There are only things to be gained from listening to dreams, whether it is serious guidance or a serious laugh. =)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables