Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Master Cleanser/Lemonade Diet?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 03, 2008 10:20PM

Forgive me if this has been discussed previously...
I have seen this 'Master Cleanser' book everywhere and heard about the "lemonade diet" to be used as a detox. Has anyone tried this? I am curious.
Is it just fresh lemonade with cayenne? I just drank a glass of it for fun and it was actually very good...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Master Cleanser/Lemonade Diet?
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 03, 2008 10:34PM

I'm sure there will be many opinions about this.

I did it last May for 21 days. Before that i ate like crap and had a very unhealthy lifestyle. Afterwards i didn't crave unhealthy food at all... as a matter of fact, i didn't even crave cooked food. Even though I never did the MC with the intention of becoming raw, that's what happened. I've been totally raw (with a few very minor slips) since then.
Now that I'm raw, I doubt that I would do that particular cleanse again, but I can't deny that it helped to get me where i am now. It was a catalyst that allowed my body to go where it needed to go, to break the old habits and start fresh.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 03, 2008 10:43PM

I hate the Master Cleanse. But that's just me. It works, I've seen the results on others. It's just that I can't drink it. It triggers my gag reflex and gives me horrendous headaches.

If you like the flavor, I believe it's well worth doing. It worked absolute wonders on a friend of mine who is 54.

It's water with fresh lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. I promised myself I would never drink another glass of it for any reason. LOL

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 03, 2008 10:57PM

My husband did the Master Clenase for his eczema and it worked. It is cured for the most part, but I think he broke the fast oo soon. He would have been healed 100% if he had continud the cleanse for 10 days. He did only 5 days and the skin almost started drying.

It works, I know and have heard many say that it worked for them too.

Regards
A Iyer

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: March 04, 2008 12:51AM

have done it 3x's and lost around 10 lbs each time. I did keep it off for several times too. I agree, it is a catalyst for change of diet. You need to follow the instructions. check out the exact formulation/directions on the master cleanse website. Most people, I found are not strong enough to follow it. Know your own limits, but it's worth a try. Janice

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 04, 2008 01:48AM

One opinion--a water-only fast will bring greater cleansing. Cayenne can be abrasive on the stomach and the maple syrup prevents the ketosis which is muscle-sparing in longer fasts.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 04, 2008 04:35AM

I have done it and it works good. I recomend though to add veggie juice along with it.

elnatural

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 04, 2008 05:22AM

i did it. it didn't do anything for me really amazing more then a regular fast it was just way harsh. not to mention the inconvenience of the swf.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables