Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cloves (smoking)
Posted by: kiki_day ()
Date: March 04, 2008 11:33PM

I haven't had one since December. But all today I've wanted one. I haven't had much in terms of cravings until now. I also woke up this morning with a distinct sense of discontentment. This isn't unusual though as I'm not satisfied with a few major areas of my life right now (which I'm trying to sort and work through). HELP.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cloves (smoking)
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 05, 2008 01:08AM

I hear you. I was a big time clove smoker....back in those punk rock days! Heh..heh.

-Be LASER CLEAR about what YOUR lifetime goals and passions are. If smoking is UTTERLY CONTRADICTORY to what YOUR lifetime goals and passions are (like health) then I'm sure you'll find a way to cut back....or cut them out forever...without a glance back. Let the habits enter in old dreams...but have no part in your waking pursuit...and they will fade like an un-interesting dream with the coming of the dawn.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 05, 2008 03:59AM

It will be SO much easier to resist this one than to start and then resist. Do anything else, even if you have to spend a little more than normal to get an outfit you've wanted, or whatever, take some kind of break to give yourself space, so you can decide what you really want to do.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: March 06, 2008 11:04PM

LOL!!! i remember those days-
for me it was poetry slams
and cold tennessee winters

i can't remember the last time i actually wanted one
but i hope you've worked through this

i find i want stuff like this (pleasant distractions)
when things are off
but they don't actually help

quiet meditation and a pampering (massage? yeah....)
help me work through it.

peace-

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 07, 2008 04:59AM

oh my god, haha

The memories

DJARUM

Posted by: kiki_day ()
Date: March 07, 2008 03:30PM

Thanks for all your advice smiling smiley Yep, DJARUM Bali Hai.... something I so much want to keep in my past. I ended up NOT smoking that night. I thought about how if I bought a pack for "just one" that I knew that wasn't being realistic and that eventually I'd finish the pack. Plus for $7...that didn't seem so great considering my strict budget. But, I'll be honest. The REAL reason I didn't do it was because it's so damn cold out and I refuse to smoke in the apartment. I also refuse to willing put myself in the cold longer than needed. Lame reason, but I was just happy I got through the day. You would think I'd refuse to smoke in the first place because it's so unhealthy and cruel to my body but apparantly I haven't made it that far yet in my willpower. In time, I hope I do.

Posted by: Shann ()
Date: March 07, 2008 07:41PM

I have these in my truck right now!

Yikes...if you've stopped...don't start.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables