Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detoxing
Posted by: Juanita ()
Date: March 05, 2008 12:33AM

I have been totally raw for about 2 1/2 weeks after a few months of working up to it. For the last week my sinuses have been acting up - something that I have not suffered with since I quit smoking many years ago. As well I have been getting extreme dizzy spells (assume they are connected to the sinuses being blocked). Is this a common detox symptom?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detoxing
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 05, 2008 01:05AM

Opinion:

Yes. Normal. Keep your diet simple...and regulate your own detox so that your transition is not acute, crisis-oriented, or painful.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 05, 2008 01:26AM

sounds like classic detox to me. i had the dizzy spells. many people get the sinus stuff.

david, can you elaborate on how to "regulate your detox"? people might not know. heck i'm not all that sure if i know.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 05, 2008 01:33AM

Sure. If things are too easy, eat smaller.....lighter, simpler meals of fruit or fruit juices...along with mono meals. Fasting will immediately accelerate detox. Light exercise and sunlight will also accelerate detox. If things are difficult, trouble-some....painful...or causing you a health crisis, then choose to eat heavier mixed meals of avocado, coconut, root and fibrous vegetables, and nuts. These things will slow down...but not stop detox.

-Of course, medications, antibiotics, stimulants, other drugs...and stress will short-circuit detox completely...while the body switches its focus to immediately purging the system of these irritants.

-These are just my experiences / opinions...which I hope are helpful.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 05, 2008 01:38AM

> -These are just my experiences / opinions...which
> I hope are helpful.

very. thank you!

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 05, 2008 01:59AM

Posted by: maui_butterfly (IP Logged)
Date: March 04, 2008 07:38PM

> -These are just my experiences / opinions...which
> I hope are helpful.

very. thank you!

Ditto, thank you, David!

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: March 05, 2008 02:40AM

op, yes, it's a common detox symptom.

Posted by: Juanita ()
Date: March 05, 2008 02:09PM

Thanks so much!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 05, 2008 03:43PM

Every single morning when I wake up (for about the past month!), around 9 AM, I feel like I've been hit by a truck and things just come storming out of my nose. Eating breakfast or doing yoga stops this--I had horrible sinuses my whole life, so they're definitely healing while I sleep.

But once it's gone, it's gone, right? =) Good luck!

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 05, 2008 04:27PM

I think its detox also. I am going thru' a painful detox now. Severe headaches, sinusitis, dizziness etc Hang in there, it will be alright. Thats what I am telling myslef, but I am frustrated...

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: nadiarafi ()
Date: March 05, 2008 04:33PM

Hey there...just to add on...I've been raw for two days, I was mildly sick (slight cold) when I started and had just finished 8.5 days of the master cleanse (which showed me that I wasn't all that toxic), had my last hurrah which lasted a week and I too have been suffering from a relapse of my cold but this time it seems to be more severe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables