Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is it true that coconut oil DOES NOT turn into fat?
Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: July 13, 2008 02:10AM

i prefer whole coconuts (old and young) to coconut oil- but i have found coconut oil a useful addition to some more gourmet raw foods recipes.

and it is more consistent then the coconuts we get here in new england...

thanks lillianswan for the extensive notes on it. i don't eat it daily, but i won't stop eating it completely at all.

i have to say, some people act as if fats are truly bad for all people- if i didn't consume fats, my body would not be able to do what it does- meaning gestate life and then nourish that life with milk. i don't calculate calories, but i range from 3,500 calories to 2,000- only rarely less, when i am sick. and i can say that while pregnant, i can eat all the fats and raw foods i want without gaining weight, but add in one meal of starches/carbs per day, and i start to slowly pack on the pounds.

as a young woman who would like to stay fertile and curvy, i intend to continue eating fats and fruits and whatever my body desires. when i get fat from fats, especially coconut oil, i'll let everyone here know.

peace-

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wallace ()
Date: July 06, 2012 07:57PM

Interesting discussion.I NOw eat at least 2 young coconuts daily..YUMMY! Bad for me???

Date: July 07, 2012 10:56AM

This doc for some of his patients is advocating a low fat raw vegan diet. He says fat feeds the protoza. No added oils, you get it from the whole food and that includes coconut oil. Naturally I disagree with Doug Graham I think eating whole coconut, particularly young coconut is very advisable here. Superfoods exist!
[www.iadvocatehealth.org]

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 07, 2012 11:27AM

Coconut makes you feel good because it is a high calorie food in the land of vegetables. A little does good but i would not eat it everyday as if it was health-medicine. When needed, it would help create hormones and energy. When not needed, it would be stored as fat directly

Date: July 07, 2012 12:24PM

And if you are sick its needed!!! Is there a raw food author that talks about about young coconuts in one of their books. David Wolfe? I have yet to find one...Any ideas.

Bruce fife has written a book on coconut water etc but he isnt a raw food vegan!

Date: July 07, 2012 12:35PM

For sick people to become a raw vegan I think young coconuts are an excellent transitional food. When you are well you wont want to eat coconuts all the time, I agree.

I know Doug graham excludes salt,spices,coconut,lemon but for very sick people I think you need to be more flexible. We have to kill the parasites!!!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables