Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

It's the pits!
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 06, 2008 04:41PM

Does anyone do anything with their avocado pits? Do you root them and try to grow them?

How about pits/seeds from other fruits? Does anyone eat any of them, plant them or crush them for the oils, etc.?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's the pits!
Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 06, 2008 06:29PM

Once I stuck an avocado pit in the pot of another plant, to compost. Or so I thought. I got a plant, that I eventually repotted, and it grew to about two feet or so. Til it died from a fungus (overwatering) sad smiley That was my favorite plant ever. No, they can't flower indoors or make avocados.

Date: March 06, 2008 06:44PM

Depending on the variety, they can take up to ten years before they bear fruit. It is possible to grow them but it won't live too long as an indoor plant. They grow best in zones 9 to 11 and they like plenty of sun.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 06, 2008 10:01PM

Here's a link to a video titled "Avocado pit Smoothie":

[www.youtube.com]

I tried one quite awhile ago but I didn't like the taste.

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 07, 2008 12:57AM

Posted by: EZ rider (IP Logged)
Date: March 06, 2008 04:01PM

Here's a link to a video titled "Avocado pit Smoothie":

[www.youtube.com]

I tried one quite awhile ago but I didn't like the taste.

Neither did she, by the look on her face!

I'm taking this thread off topic, but, since I started this thread, and faced with the fact that it hasn't a chance of become a ten page thread, I think going off topic will be fine.

Can we talk about this video and its maker? I know you shared it to provide feedback, EZ rider, but I can't help myself! This woman making the avocado pit smoothie is the same woman who was freaked-out by dandelion greens! She screamed, yes screamed and said "Who put weeds in here?" and then threw them across the counter! Then she realized they were dandelion greens and raved about them. NOT the person I want to take advice from. LOL On top of that, the blender (blindguru's invention) wasn't blending an avocado with cucumber and apple. She tried adding more water and it still wouldn't blend. So she empties the ingredients from one blender carafe to another one with a tamper built in, dirtying two blenders! Why didn't she just stop the blender, tamp down the ingredients in the current blender and mix it again? I know this is petty stuff, but I can't help laughing. LOL She doesn't seem to know what she's doing!

Secondly, the video maker, "Blindguru" makes other videos with this unknown (to me) guru on his cell phone and asks him random questions to prove he's right and how most raw foodists are wrong. This guy is arrogant and isn't out to help educate people, he just has to be right! What's funny about that is that he's just parroting information from this cell phone guru guy to begin with, and then calls the guru guy to prove that he's right! Of course, that's when he's not plugging his "amazing 3.5 horsepower blender" with the weeds and avocado pit girl.

I just have a hard time taking this guy, or his videos, seriously! LOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables